Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we all late preorders cancel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna
12.13.2011 , 01:28 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by TwitchingFiber View Post
I don't see why so many people are qq'ing. They have their schedule set, all this complaining about not being in you're doing, they could care-less. They are a business, basically no matter what they do they know that a boat load of people will stay and that more $$ for them.
and a boat load of people that won't. i think you would be quite succesful if you ever decide to make your own mmo with that mentality!

muffintopuk
12.13.2011 , 01:28 PM | #242
In all honesty, even if we don't get in until 10 minutes before EGA ends, BW have still kept their word. They advertised 'Up to 5 days' and even then had the phrase 'May be able to play'. I don't understand what the big problem is, so you don't get to play early before everyone else, so what? I for one am happy to play other things while I wait

Eclio
12.13.2011 , 01:29 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Ariadna View Post
considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?
The game is out on the 20th, so yes.

Tashalatora
12.13.2011 , 01:29 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
Yes, yes you do.

Thats why i'm thinking about putting it on "hold".

I'll play however long I get in EGA then wait for a few weeks until setting my sub up and carrying on.

That's one of my plans anyway. Depends how this "wave" thing goes. My thinking is, if they are struggling to get people in while they have control then the cow pat is going to hit the fan in a big way when official launch comes around and they have no control over how many getting in at a time.

The lack of communication (a problem we had through beta as well) is also a worry.
ah I misread your erlier post. But waiting a few weeks after EGA? That's self control rivaling a jedi master. I didn't preorder until december and I'm not really THAT hyped about this game (and I got plenty of other stuff to do atm), but I'm still itching to play

TwitchingFiber
12.13.2011 , 01:29 PM | #245
and a boat load of people that won't. i think you would be quite succesful if you ever decide to make your own mmo with that mentality!
iknowright?!

iBleedU
12.13.2011 , 01:30 PM | #246
Cancel your preorder! See if it dents Biowares wallet in any way. Because tbh you cancel and someone else will get your copy its a win win situation for Bioware but a loss for you.

Just hang tight, Its day 1 still 6 more to go. And they never said every player will get 5 full days they always said from the start "upto 5 days".

The question here is, Do you really want to cancel because you cant get in on day one?
Use the force to guide you. Luke at the bight side you will get to play at some point.
Bioware stole my money and left me a CE Pre-Order
RIP old account DrBleed from 11.03.2008, cant remember my email address =(

-Sev
12.13.2011 , 01:30 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Brightglade View Post
Poor baby. Life must be full of disappointment for you.
I get the last laugh though. I was in the closed beta.

choboon
12.13.2011 , 01:31 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by IBJammin View Post
Are you serious? They're letting folks in two extra days early. We haven't even hit the 5 day early mark yet which was the most time promised at preorder and you're already whining?
That, we are currently in pre-prerelease.

I would love to get in today myself today but hey, i dont think world war 3 is coming next week so why the rush

Zakuno
12.13.2011 , 01:31 PM | #249
It's kind of like waking up Christmas morning only to be told. "I'm sorry Timmy. You don't get Christmas today. You did your Christmas shopping too late. You have to wait a week."

People are just really excited. Cut them some slack.

XOrionX
12.13.2011 , 01:31 PM | #250
hopefully GW2 won't repeat this.
oH GAWD.

you are still complaining? Complaining about getting exactly what was advertised? LMAO, you are persistant!

For the love of god I hop people like you arent around to ruin the GW2 community.

Are you out of tissues yet?
"Never tell me the odds!" ~Han Solo