Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we all late preorders cancel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna
12.13.2011 , 11:53 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by onstorm View Post
Yes but see if you can just get the EGA money back without cancelling the preorder. While I personally only know a handful of people who preordered none us were charged for an EGA code.
here we don't get that money back. even though is only 5 euros, we kinda feel deceived. (it wasen't only the store that lured us into buying, but the preoder box case was very missleading too, that alone should make us reconcider not buying at all.

we decided to preoder for the headstart because my husband have a 6 days off work, so we planed on using that time to play some together. that it is pointless right now.

darkdesertwolf
12.13.2011 , 11:57 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Ariadna View Post
here we don't get that money back. even though is only 5 euros, we kinda feel deceived. (it wasen't only the store that lured us into buying, but the preoder box case was very missleading too, that alone should make us reconcider not buying at all.

we decided to preoder for the headstart because my husband have a 6 days off work, so we planed on using that time to play some together. that it is pointless right now.
Except you did NOT pay for EGA. You paid for preorder.

onstorm
12.13.2011 , 11:58 AM | #103

I want to ensure that I am fully understanding. You were charged 5 (Euro, I believe you said) just for an EGA code?

MEMEyou
12.13.2011 , 11:58 AM | #104
Yes we should all late preorders cancel.

Ariadna
12.13.2011 , 12:00 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by onstorm View Post
I want to ensure that I am fully understanding. You were charged 5 (Euro, I believe you said) just for an EGA code?
correct, just for the EGa code.

onstorm
12.13.2011 , 12:01 PM | #106

Oh and sorry about that. I preordered the game trom GameStop here in the US back in August. When I went to put in my EGA code, I realized they didn't give me one (thought it was on the receipt). I went back to the store to get it, but they told me that everyone was out of them. Stupid me, listened to them and didn't look anywhere else until the end of Sept. Upon finding someone else selling them that still had EGA codes I cancelled my preorder with GameStop and they refunded me in full.

Canarith
12.13.2011 , 12:02 PM | #107
Lemme explain something. Here are the numbers, JUST the box order numbers, but I imagine the digital orders follow in line percentile wise as well:

July 119,260
August 244,277
Sept 62,599
Octo 228,674
Nove 245,946

If you notice, considering they only had preorders for 10 days out of July, that is why only a few days have gotten in so far. It won't be individual days they do for every month.

Miyaka
12.13.2011 , 12:04 PM | #108
I per-ordered to assure I had a copy on the actual launch day.
I thought that is what a pre-order is for.
Early access is just a bonus.

So people only pre-order any game if it gives them more time in advance?
I guess I have misunderstood the point of a pre-order for quite some time.
◀|▒|▒|▒|▒|ξ∞ξ|▒|▒|▒|▒| ███████████████████████████████)

Blackwater
12.13.2011 , 12:06 PM | #109
Enjoy your cancellers remorse

XOrionX
12.13.2011 , 12:09 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrott View Post
Yeah, this whole day was just people who pre-ordered within the first 2 days lol.

To be honest id rather take the 5 hour queue that you see in other MMOs over this where most of us will be forced to wait for days.
I just want to point out to all you butt-tards that are throwing your nerd rage temper tantrums.

They opened early-access TWO FRIGGIN DAYS EARLY.

How do you have any right to complain about how they are doing this? If you read the terms and conditions of the purchase you will see that they are doing things exactly the way they said they would!!

If you didn't like the way they were going ot do things at the time you considered purchasing the game, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PRE-ORDERED.

Every last one of you QQ'rs should uninstall and find a new hobby I have not seen a bigger bunch of Emo's in any genre I have ever played.

MMORPG's have the crappiest communities, and official forums around launch time are just a cesspool of ******* who need a hug and a timeout.
"Never tell me the odds!" ~Han Solo