Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Are the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

JediElf
04.07.2012 , 01:14 PM | #21
Heh...

If nothing else the Sith are far more 'relaxed' than the Jedi. None of that pesky monotone droning about 'the code', or constant battle against certain 'pent up' natural emotions.

When you can 'indulge' a bit, then you can free your mind, to think of other things.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Dark_Hazard
04.07.2012 , 01:58 PM | #22
Neither side will win this arguement because it cannot be proven! Sadly ):
Level 55 Jedi sentinel - Aylon
Server : The Bastion
Guild: Hakuna Rakata

ichime
04.07.2012 , 02:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dark_Hazard View Post
Neither side will win this arguement because it cannot be proven! Sadly ):
Which is pretty much the way of the star wars universe: no side ever wins, not really.

bilzzardmaster
04.07.2012 , 02:21 PM | #24
The Sith are FAR more powerful than the Jedi. It is just that in life, the lesson has to be that good will eventually triumph over evil. Let's say that they ended the star wars movies at The Empire Strikes Back. Then evil would triumph and there would just be a bunch of angry fans. The Sith truly should be stronger but that will never happen. And, Bioware has gone crazy trying to even them out, but in PvP the Republic always seems to win, no matter the abilities thay have already attained or ahven't attained.

Captain_Zone
04.07.2012 , 02:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ichime View Post
Which is pretty much the way of the star wars universe: no side ever wins, not really.
Great wisdom you have.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Kaedusz
04.07.2012 , 04:07 PM | #26
The first thing that matters is force sensitivity.

That said, sith are always generally more powerful.Knowledge and understanding is about the same ,but of course they use that understanding for different goals.
Sith generally appear to be defeated because they fight among themselves all the time,constant strife,which is side effect of immersion in the dark side.
And also sometimes some crucial sith are turned to the light side,which of course happens with jedi going dark side too,but despite that it needs to be mentioned.(Ulic Keldroma,Vader,ect.)

Kaedusz
04.07.2012 , 04:14 PM | #27
Imagine a straigh fight between the Dark Council and the Jedi Council.LOL. The sith with will obliterate them.
After that the Dark Council will kill each other.

Hell ... Tulak Hord would defeat in a fight all Jedi Councils,throughout history,by himself.

Slamuel
04.07.2012 , 04:43 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Poppycock. Yoda was far beyond into his own, Sidious bested him, sorry but yea. Malgus bested Satele (one is just NOT scared to face someone they beat before, just doesn't happen or make sense). Maul (an APPRENTICE) bested Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn.

Now there are counter instances you can point to sure. You favor the Light Side/Jedi from what I gather. I favor the Dark Side/Sith. So being the fans that we are, we can rehash this debate.

What I think it is, why this is becoming the default SW logic is cuz at the very least, the Sith SEEM more powerful, especially in terms of raw power. Anger & passion are great conductors of this. The Dark Side is obviously more geared towards offense. Hence the plethora of DS techniques such as Force Lightning, Shock, Storm, etc. Force Choke, I can go on. The Light Side just isn't, that I've ever seen. All a LS Jedi can do to counter a Sith in a force contest is project, but surprise, Sith can do that too. In terms of lightsaber combat, anyone's guess. Force combat? Sorry, but I gotta give it to the Sith.

A Jedi Master is supposed to be a Sith Lord's equal, mirror. The Jedi Grand Master is supposed to be the Dark Lord's equal, no? Well take from the movies, books, etc. & judge away kids.
first off, satele was not defeated. I agree, yoda was defeated, but it hardly looked he was fighting back. mace should have and could have defeated sidious. Maul would have been a complete sith except that sidious, the best sith ever, took him as an apprentice.
maul was one of the best sith duelists ever, and qui-gon was not known for his fighting ability. instead of force choke, for example there is force stasis. jedis level headedness also helps them in battle.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.

Captain_Zone
04.07.2012 , 04:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Slamuel View Post
first off, satele was not defeated. I agree, yoda was defeated, but it hardly looked he was fighting back. mace should have and could have defeated sidious. Maul would have been a complete sith except that sidious, the best sith ever, took him as an apprentice.
maul was one of the best sith duelists ever, and qui-gon was not known for his fighting ability. instead of force choke, for example there is force stasis. jedis level headedness also helps them in battle.
Satele was holding her own there, in spite of having her lightsaber chopped in half. COL Malcolm helping her out was probably more to enforce the bond they shared than any real help against Malgus being needed. I mean, she ended up dropping a mountain on the guy.

As for Windu, yes I agree. Watched that scene again and he definitely had Pally down for the count. Anakin was the deciding factor in that fight.

Maul was martially trained since he was a child, so yeah. Of course he's going to be a BAMF when fighting Jedi who had pretty much grown complacent after centuries of relative peace.

Yoda should have beaten Pally easily, but the ol' Emperor had much better plot armor.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Pathlight-
04.07.2012 , 08:45 PM | #30
They're two sides of the same coin and barely a physical manifestation of the two sides of the Force. Light and Dark are constant truths just like cold and heat. Neither is stronger than the other, they just take over one another forever.