Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How did Rakata die off?

Pathlight-
04.07.2012 , 02:46 AM | #11
Rakata are gross, with their creepy eyes on the sides, anyway. Not to mention arrogant. Glad they're gone.

BLaCKie_MoRGaN
04.07.2012 , 03:57 AM | #12
After generations of galactic supremacy, the Infinite Empire began to fracture and by circa 25,200 BBY the Rakatan empire imploded. Constant tensions between internal factions suddenly erupted into a devastating civil war caused by the Star Forge's corrupting influence. Already weakened by warfare, the Builders were suddenly struck by a deadly plague that spread rapidly through their ranks and decimated the species.

The virulent plague nearly exterminated the Rakata and brought the Infinite Empire to its knees, yet the worst was yet to come. The Rakata suddenly and inexplicably began to lose their connection to the Force.

After that the enslaved species took notice of the force absence and rebelled.

Spartanik
04.07.2012 , 04:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
But it's already been 50000 years since[-bjer8en3-4sadagarn4tji4uAHHHHHHHHH
Its because shepard stoped them at that time. by chosing the red ending. or is it blue? hum might be green one, i dont know im confused.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Eternalnight
04.07.2012 , 04:46 AM | #14
Yea, Infinite Empire collapsed, because Rakata lost their ability to use the force and most of their technology was built around using the force.

Though they should not be completely extinct.

In the first KOTOR game in the end you go to this ancient Rakata homeworld and there are living Rakata there divided to 2 tribes. One is technologically primitive tribe that is just begining to show signs of getting their force sensitivity back. The other tribe has more advanced technology (though none of their original force technology) but does not show any sign of force sensitivity.

I don't think they were even all killed in the canonical ending of Kotor, so there should still be living Rakata at the time of TOR.

Spartanik
04.07.2012 , 05:12 AM | #15
Quote:
I don't think they were even all killed in the canonical ending of Kotor, so there should still be living Rakata at the time of TOR.
Spoiler
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Forgon
04.07.2012 , 05:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by VexedForest View Post
There was a plague that made them lose their connection to the force. Most of their technology was built to be used with the force (like the star forge). Then the worlds they enslaved rebelled and

Spoiler
Rakata Prime. Minor correction.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Buttered
04.07.2012 , 05:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
How did the all-powerful Rakata die off?
they probably sold out to EA
Oooh, it's the Juggernaut, b****!

Tarbacca
04.07.2012 , 08:59 AM | #18
Since they lost their Force sensitivity, of which almost every aspect of the IE relied on, along with civil war and such.

LiveandDieinLA
04.07.2012 , 09:08 AM | #19
They pissed off Chuck Norris.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

ZayneDraay
04.07.2012 , 10:08 AM | #20
A combination of a disease that took away their ability to use the force which in turn made them unable to use their force-based technology, and a galaxy wide revolt by their slaves.
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath