Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Pop and You. (Lets make it happen)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Server Pop and You. (Lets make it happen)

spne's Avatar


spne
04.06.2012 , 06:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Azumio View Post
The type of server doesn't matter in this game outside of Roleplaying with their rumored strict rules.

You play on a PvP server, I bet you don't even notice a difference.
I see plenty of Open PvP in the Fatman, specially in Tatooine. I don't think this kind of world pvp would happen in a PvE server but i can agree that most of the game is so instanced that you would barely notice it.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
The man who never reads lives only one.
George R. R. Martin

Azumio's Avatar


Azumio
04.06.2012 , 06:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathid View Post
RP is optional and PvP open world while not too often is again a plus,so two pluses right there imo,so i would hardly call that shaky ground if anything it gives more options,plus there is a very heavy populace there and very balanced i really dont know where you get the strict rules from,i havent seen it.
I heard of people having names changed/being banned for not role-playing.

This was back in January, so maybe as the population fell, so did the strictness.

Anywho, to amend it:

East Coast:
Fatman (PvP)
Canderous Ordo (PvP

Fatman is the more populated (By a fairly significant amount) but CO is the next best choice.

West Coast:
Swiftsure (PvP)
Harbringer (PvE)

Harbringer is the more populated (By a slight margin) but you can't go wrong with either of those. Be mindful of Swiftsure however, they have a sizable Asia/Pacific population that might be moving to Asia/Pacific servers (Unless this already happened) Pick Harbringer to be sure.

Euro (English):
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP)
The Red Eclipse (PvE)

Both are English servers. Tomb Of Freedon Nadd is far more populated, but The Red Eclipse is the next best server for all Europe (But again, both are English servers).

Asia/Pacific:
Master Dar'Nalla (PvP)
Dalborra (PvE)

Dalborra is the more populated server (Slightly). Being that there are only three servers here, it isn't that big of a deal. Gav Dragon has a marginal population decrease between these two, but it's the only Role-Playing server.

mordredz's Avatar


mordredz
04.06.2012 , 06:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by spne View Post
They just need to start merging servers and opening Free Xfers.
And then closing dead servers. They just started this game with too many servers, they should have more slots per server and not so many realms.
Indeed on the to many servers part, but i think there are way to many issues when merging servers, Legacy names, Char names to name a few, sounds like a nightmare to handle honestly...

Nyteblades's Avatar


Nyteblades
04.06.2012 , 06:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mordredz View Post
Indeed on the to many servers part, but i think there are way to many issues when merging servers, Legacy names, Char names to name a few, sounds like a nightmare to handle honestly...
Its not a nightmare and its not that hard .Its no diffrent then changing servers without legacy names .If the names taken make a new one just that simple. And if you dont want to change your legacy name dont change servers. Stay in your wasteland and carve it onto the many empty walls of your fleet.
Live life with honor,And you will die with no regrets.

Skodan's Avatar


Skodan
04.06.2012 , 06:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Azumio View Post
The type of server doesn't matter in this game outside of Roleplaying with their rumored strict rules.

You play on a PvP server, I bet you don't even notice a difference.
it matters to me, i dont like having the chance of getting ganked if im out questing. id rather not take the chance.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Azumio's Avatar


Azumio
04.06.2012 , 06:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
it matters to me, i dont like having the chance of getting ganked if im out questing. id rather not take the chance.
Honestly, even when my Original server was hopping (Port Nowhere) and was Heavy/Full, I barely saw any Imperials outside Warzones. Maybe an odd one in Tattooine and a few in the Nar Shaddaa bonus area, but that was it.

But I amended the list anyhow.

See, could have avoided this issue by doing a PvEvP game and letting the PvErs turn off all Open World PvP functionality.

So you can't heal a guy on your Faction who is PvP tagged. Boom, quest all you want, get to watch funny fights and have a laugh while being perfectly safe. Plus, more people on the servers.

Sathid's Avatar


Sathid
04.06.2012 , 06:45 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Azumio View Post
Honestly, even when my Original server was hopping (Port Nowhere) and was Heavy/Full, I barely saw any Imperials outside Warzones. Maybe an odd one in Tattooine and a few in the Nar Shaddaa bonus area, but that was it.

But I amended the list anyhow.

See, could have avoided this issue by doing a PvEvP game and letting the PvErs turn off all Open World PvP functionality.

So you can't heal a guy on your Faction who is PvP tagged. Boom, quest all you want, get to watch funny fights and have a laugh while being perfectly safe. Plus, more people on the servers.
I dunno you see to be biased and appointing yourself as speaking for the community,last i checked there is no President of the community at large.

Azumio's Avatar


Azumio
04.06.2012 , 06:47 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathid View Post
I dunno you see to be biased and appointing yourself as speaking for the community,last i checked there is no President of the community at large.
Biased toward what end?

I'm giving the community the best servers to re-roll to for now, and for the future (Everyone likes Future proof things).

Oddzball's Avatar


Oddzball
04.06.2012 , 06:52 PM | #29
Look, you have a great idea here, but,

I AM NOT rerolling another g-danged character. I invested alot of TIME into several characters. Over 3 months/4 now.

Let me transfer my damn characters to a server that has some fricken players on it already.

IMiteBeWrong's Avatar


IMiteBeWrong
04.06.2012 , 06:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by StoneGaijin View Post
I can represent Infinity Gate numbers right now, and inform you that it's a decent POP server. peak hours have 100+ on Fleet (sith) and off hours are 50-70 fleet.


but I rerolled from Sword of Anjunta Pall (which I left a 50 BH on there and he's cold and lonely) and I'm NOT rerollin. I'll wait for server move if I need to move. I have 6 toons currently and 3 of them are 50.

I'd rather play GTN with myself then reroll on a new server at this time.
Well that must be just the Imperial side.

I have a Republic level 50 on "Infinity Gate" and population is currently at 10 people in the fleet. As far as my char on the republic side, there is no chance of doing any FP's or Heroic's. And many PVP matches end because not enough people joined.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but not everyone has a well populated server now. I love this game. I really don't want to re-roll. I can't wait for transfers so I can re-sub. Bioware is a great company and they will fix this. Unfortunately it'll take some time.