Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Thrasher Hybrid Assassin

Kornaker
04.10.2012 , 09:19 PM | #11
I post here the Hybrid Trasher build i use:

http://knotor.com/skills#Ag4bAQ0qQUl...rK0tvJiZqrusvS

I Think DF is cool and better for my playstyle than Wither, just because of 30m, yeah its just 3 guys, and 3% of life gain. With 30% up of Force regen, pffffff 50 Force is not really a problem.

EW is just great to make a dynamic burst sometimes ( Yeah sure you must put your hand on table, make 400 of God save the queen for Maul to crit, but... 3K min!!! )

And With Trash ans Shock most of time in crit, I found me being insane bursting all the time.

I have roll on Tomb of Freedom nadd but i was before on Scepter of Ragnos with:
3 Rakata and the 4 Bonus Def set BM with dps mods.

that was just insane, the burst is very great, playstyle is more deception than being a caster with the full 30/0/10 -_-' (Hd Fl HD FL, you move sometimes or not?! I'M NOT A SORC!!!!!!!! )
on TOFN (Every Korn beginning) Warforgis
TÚlÚlam "I search myself " Sentinel spec
Aethfeni ghosbuster Vanguard
Kornela Squishiest Shadow tank

Ecimon
04.13.2012 , 06:29 AM | #12
Heya, I really like the looks of your trasher hybrid, one of the things is actually being able to use shield without too much grief.

I was messing around a bit with the talents while I'm waiting for the servers to come back up, I was thinking of something along these lines:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...rskdZhGb0zZc.1

I know that it's not a Trasher build anymore, but somehow the extra utility from always available force looks nice, not to mention faster runspeed and lower cd on Jolt and Unbreakable will... I'm just wondering if the extra utility with increased force regen would make it up instead of the extra surge on trash from your build?

Please share your opinions, I'm sure I've missed something!

Delillo
04.13.2012 , 09:09 AM | #13
I guess I would say that

1. The lower end of the deception tree is not great. You "HAVE" to waste 2 extra points in duplicity because insulation doesn't work in dark charge. Yes the extra force and better stealth movement is good but its at the expense of offense.

2. I started this thread by looking at what is so effective about 31 darkness. Wither is great. If I am not using wither, you have replace it with something that can at least compete with wither- and for the thrasher build that is pumped up thrash and the fact that your shocks are going to be energized and hit harder more often.

With your proposed build I can't see what is supposed to be the core of your offense. You've gimped thrash and shock for those points in deception. Your force regen is better but much of that benefit is lost because your thrashes and shocks are more expensive and don't hit as hard.

This build will provide sub-standard offensive burst that opposing healers can handle. It won't provide the AE pressure and utility of 31 darknesses's combo of wither and discharge. You won't kill stuff.

When you play 31 darkness you realize you don't need stealth. When you play 31 deception you realize that you DO need stealth to get all that offense on target.

ShannaRZ
04.13.2012 , 09:45 AM | #14
I typically play 31/0/10 but would consider a change using one of these hybrids. I will have to try them out and see what they feel like... as wither has always been a staple of my tankassin build to date.

My main question relates to gear. What gear/stats should I be using for PvP with the thrasher build? Standard tank gear has no crit or surge, so I hit like I'm wielding a wet noodle most of the time instead of a saberstaff.

Hethroin
04.13.2012 , 10:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ShannaRZ View Post
I typically play 31/0/10 but would consider a change using one of these hybrids. I will have to try them out and see what they feel like... as wither has always been a staple of my tankassin build to date.

My main question relates to gear. What gear/stats should I be using for PvP with the thrasher build? Standard tank gear has no crit or surge, so I hit like I'm wielding a wet noodle most of the time instead of a saberstaff.
I like the hybrid spec with all 3PC Stalker, 2PC Survivor, the lower CD on the stun isn't a bad bonus to have. All armor modded with power surge and some crit. Accuracy isn't as bad as other make it out to be when you're using thrash as a main damage component.
Corellian Run formerly Mind Trick
<White Talons>: Tigerwoods - Vanguard, Limbaugh - Sentinel
<Black Talons>: Ereldys - Assassin

Delillo
04.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ShannaRZ View Post

My main question relates to gear. What gear/stats should I be using for PvP with the thrasher build?
For the Thrasher build start with BM Stalker. All that Accuracy is not lost on the build because it is so melee focused.

Eventual plan would be to swap the high end PVE Stalker armor mods in for the PvE set bonus of +15% crit to Thrash.

Moontayle
04.13.2012 , 12:05 PM | #17
Switched to this build last night. Takes some getting used to because I was so reliant on Wither and didn't worry about making sure Shock was energized just fire it off, but by the end of the evening I was getting the hang of it. Duplicity proved useful, and in lieu of any actual UI notification that Expose Weakness was up (except the buff icon), keeping force at around 50 and seeing Maul highlight because it was suddenly reduced in cost helped out.

It definitely is a build meant to be single target, and the thrash crits were flying across the screen last night.

Donruud
04.13.2012 , 02:17 PM | #18
But im new as assassin. Now im play the 31/0/10 with full tank gear. is that wrong with tank gear or? some one say that hybrid specc with dps gear are awsome and others say hybrid spec with full tank gear are awsome. i need some help her so i know what i shall do with gear choice

Donruud
04.13.2012 , 02:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
I like the hybrid spec with all 3PC Stalker, 2PC Survivor, the lower CD on the stun isn't a bad bonus to have. All armor modded with power surge and some crit. Accuracy isn't as bad as other make it out to be when you're using thrash as a main damage component.
What about wep? dps wep or the tankig one?

Zimoji
04.15.2012 , 09:58 AM | #20
im going to try this build i have read through he guide like 3 times! its seems very good But im stuck on what pvp set to buy BM stalker or BM survivor ? ?