Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old clipping problem still needs fixing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Old clipping problem still needs fixing

Revod
04.06.2012 , 02:20 PM | #1
Back in Beta, I mentioned that the backside tab on the Force Evangelist's Shroud (and all the other chest pieces that use that graphical asset like the Rumination Vestments) clipped into the female character's derriere regardless of if they were wearing pants or a skirt.

For all of the 'minor artwork corrections' that have been made for 1.2, this one item is still an issue. I was hoping to get something better looking, but after seeing the new models for 1.2, it looks like I'll be sticking with the Rumination Vestments...which I had hoped they would fix.

I have bugged this several times and have been told its been 'forwarded to the correct department'. Am I the only one who thinks this needs to be fixed? Am I the only one that likes the look of this outfit?

The clipping is so bad, that just for grins and giggles I put on the Republic Dancer bottoms and ran around fighting on Tatooine (where it might seem moderatly appropriate). My backside looked like Railroad Crossing lights! Funny, yet sad really.

I would sincerely like to see this fixed. Thank you in advance!
The Force? It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Shoogli
04.09.2012 , 02:39 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Revod View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this needs to be fixed? Am I the only one that likes the look of this outfit?
No you're not the only one, that's 2 of us :

Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Also one of the big problem with oranges (currently, *and* most probably in 1.2 as well to maybe still limit the number of possible different meshes loaded at once in populated areas, raids, wz, whatever) is that while there are indeed several different textures there are not many different meshes, or "shapes" if you will...

For example you'll see many many *colour* variations of "rumination vestment", such as for example "traditional thermoweave vest" or "force evangelist shroud" now try to find an orange with this shape or this one : good luck... They don't exist as "orange".

So in reality the whole "you can wear the thing you like up to lvl 50" etc... is a bit on the illusion side :

Colours => yes !

Shapes => certainly not...

And ironically, speaking of all the variations of "rumination vestment" (do check the pic above again) that very mesh is clipping on female backs horribly which is a real shame since all those are really nice models AND *orange*...
source !
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

NinjaApacHe
04.09.2012 , 02:43 AM | #3
All the pvp sets for marauder/juggernaut (Cent, Champ and BM), have the back tail that you can see through and watch your pants underneath, really annoying. Some masks for warriors show the neck underneath.

Revod
04.09.2012 , 05:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
No you're not the only one, that's 2 of us :
Most excellent! Now if only 2000 more people would feel this way BW might do something about it. Alas, only those who cry the loudest are heard so I hold out no hope that this will be addressed. But its nice to know I'm not alone
The Force? It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.

- Obi-Wan Kenobi