Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orphanages in Star Wars Lore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Orphanages in Star Wars Lore

proudofthefish
04.07.2012 , 08:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Lurker View Post
With the Star Wars universe being so large it would not be surprising that there would be just about one of anything, including orphanages. Personally I like the concept, it might be tough for the orphanage to have people go to the two different "factions" (Republic/Empire).

Some thoughts to help you if you wish: I would check the timeline situation but the orphanage could have been on a Republic planet that was taken over by the Empire (the Mirakula could have left juts before the invasion). The orphanage could have been a front for the Empire to recruit agents/force senstivies (which the Mirakula JK could have been rescued from).

In my personal opinion as long as the concept isnt too far fetched, it could be fun.
Oh I like that idea. Thanks for the help guys. And the interesting point about the stories being a little too constricting. I'll post my backgrounds on the forum when I get them all worked out.

One thing I was looking for was a timeline of the different stories. I can't really find summaries of course because people don't want to be spoiled (which I understand), but I was wondering do all the stories take place at roughly the same time?

Captain_Lurker
04.08.2012 , 07:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by proudofthefish View Post
Oh I like that idea. Thanks for the help guys. And the interesting point about the stories being a little too constricting. I'll post my backgrounds on the forum when I get them all worked out.

One thing I was looking for was a timeline of the different stories. I can't really find summaries of course because people don't want to be spoiled (which I understand), but I was wondering do all the stories take place at roughly the same time?
Are you looking to see if the different stories happen concurrently and over the same time/duration? I would say overall yes (there does not seem to any hard set time progression and all seem to run concurrently), but timelines with a few specific planets are done at different times. All of the classes on each faction (Empire/Republic) go through the planets in the same order but the different factions do not. I believe most of the planets are in the same order between the factions except Balmoora/Taris. Empire characters visit Balmoora first, then Taris later and vice-versa for Republic.

Spoiler

septembersphinx
04.08.2012 , 08:21 AM | #13
Even in addition to the above there does seem to be an order in which the class quests happen on planets.

On Alderaan
Spoiler

I don't know exactly how the other classes fit into this, and how it holds for other planets. It is probably safe to assume that within a span of several months that at the time that you're visiting the planet, the other classes in your faction will visit it or have already visited within a few months/weeks.

The Act changes all happen around the same point in time for everyone with regards to the overarching conflict between the Empire and the Republic.

Anysao
04.08.2012 , 08:40 AM | #14
From what I've heard, there is balmorran orphans refugees. Considering the time period, it would be just after the GGW.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Kaisernick
04.08.2012 , 12:29 PM | #15
well there are orphins on ord mantell courcant and balmoria but no officioal orphanages that im aware.

but u can allways tweak it so that they were simply orphins that looked after each other on the mean streets of (what ever planet u wish) untill a jedi found one and took them for training, the empire would then stumble on the other take as a slave and maybe see their skills and take them for intellgance training.

proudofthefish
04.12.2012 , 05:25 PM | #16
Thanks the time line info is helpful I just didn't want my characters story lines to be years apart if I start to get really creative and write some fic.