Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

04.06.2012 , 10:20 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

update 4/13: This Q&A will be postponed until next week, April 20th.

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the April 20th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on April 13th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CST (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed. With that being said, please ask away!

04.06.2012 , 04:26 PM | #2
What was your reasoning behind allowing vehicles in inappropriate places like indoors and fleet station? Fleet station is now a jumble of over sized speeders and all the nonsense associated with that in confined spaces. You now opened up more indoor locations with the coming update 1.2, yet still have not addressed speeders in outdoor tunnels like the Dune Sea tunnel?

I guess my question is: is the guy in charge with speeder use allowances not actually playing the game to see how messed up it is?
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

04.06.2012 , 04:28 PM | #3
What can we expect for end-game raiding in 1.2? How many bosses in the new OP? Is there going to be a new tier of gear to obtain, and how challenging are the bosses compared to those found in EV/KP?

04.06.2012 , 04:40 PM | #4
Since Legacy is server based, instead of account based, can we get an update on server transfers, please?

What will you do with Legacy, names and limitations to credits and stuff you can transfer?
Save your fork, there's pie.

04.06.2012 , 04:41 PM | #5
The Legacy system that is being introduced works on a per-server basis. As such, has consideration been given to the effects future character transfers -if implemented- could have on Legacy? i.e. Transferring between 2 servers you currently have a legacy on, or transferring a character (say level 50) to a brand new server?

Edit: Beaten to it
"I was the biggest nub on Chimaera, then i took an arrow to the knee"

Terda Fey - SWG Euro Chimaera

04.06.2012 , 04:43 PM | #6
Are there currently any plans to introduce a flashpoint wherein the player can take his or her companions as the party? Such as, one where instead of needing other people to run it, my smuggler could instead take Bowdaar, Risha, and Guss along with him? It seems reasonable that, while not feasible for normal play and other flashpoints or Operations, there could be instances where our companions could (and story-wise, should) work as a team.
"There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression to develop psychic muscles." -Frank Herbert, 'Dune'

04.06.2012 , 04:47 PM | #7
A lot of roleplayers would like to know when our playstyle will get some attention. We've got some new stuff coming in 1.2, but some of it will have to be earned. Other playstyles (PvP and PvE) get access to their content right from the start, so it seems weird to me that roleplayers have to do other things in order to get the tools to do what they want.

What about sitting in chairs? More cross-faction interaction? What about something like out-of-combat Force powers?
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

04.06.2012 , 04:51 PM | #8
When will we be hearing more from Dr. Vent...I mean James Urbaniak?

When can players expect to see Rick Moranis's famous headgear?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

The Guide.

04.06.2012 , 04:54 PM | #9
With the legacy system coming in and able to use skills from top lvl chars in our legacy on other classes, are there any plans to allow the use of companions that are maxed out affection within the class section on other characters too.

I ask this as it would allow for darkside republic and lightside imperials to make choices and not impact upon there companions at lower levels with negative affection.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge.

04.06.2012 , 04:56 PM | #10
will there be server merge i think some servers need it coz of low pop