Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Product registration code has already been used." Um, no, it hasn't.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Product registration code has already been used." Um, no, it hasn't.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

justjeri
12.13.2011 , 11:57 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
Sheesh, these forums move fast.

I'm pretty close to just calling customer support. I am so fed up with how poor the customer service and communication has been for this launch.
Don't bother calling customer support, their phones are down.

PHPer
12.13.2011 , 11:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KorvusKaar View Post
According to yellow post you'll receive that message until you are actually released for early access. As you already read you don't need that code for early access (I know you're worried about the 20th) but I haven't received any code for it yet (Origin still has my pre-order code only) and from what I heard the product codes will only start being sent on the 16th...

Well as they are sending out the game with final codes in it, they should expect the fact people will type it in.
Giving users a error message, and after that a message saying your code is used is just crap design tbh.
If you wanna run a mmo in these days you better keep focus on custemer service, why ? Because unhappy users means bad start for a game.

Raelyk
12.13.2011 , 12:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by PHPer View Post
Well as they are sending out the game with final codes in it, they should expect the fact people will type it in.
Giving users a error message, and after that a message saying your code is used is just crap design tbh.
If you wanna run a mmo in these days you better keep focus on custemer service, why ? Because unhappy users means bad start for a game.
Those aren't the final codes. They're just early access codes. Unless somebody screwed up, nobody should have product registration codes yet. Please see my earlier post, or read this section of the pre-order FAQ.

PHPer
12.13.2011 , 12:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Raelyk View Post
Those aren't the final codes. They're just early access codes. Unless somebody screwed up, nobody should have product registration codes yet. Please see my earlier post, or read this section of the pre-order FAQ.
Someone screwed up then because I have my product registration code. And yes it's NOT my pre order code.

This includes final box including DVDs to install the game. ( your link even says they are out the 13 in Europe )

Raelyk
12.13.2011 , 12:13 PM | #25
Someone screwed up then because I have my product registration code. And yes it's NOT my pre order code.
If that's the case, you probably just need to wait until the 16th to try and redeem it.

Ahl-Vinn
12.13.2011 , 12:15 PM | #26

I believe I've entered my Pre-Order Code into the My Account section where the currently-incomplete 'Registration code' 3rd box is. Even if it's not my Registration Code, it's still accepting the Pre-Order Code and tells me it's in-use. Luckily, the screen before assures the reader that this is apart from having registered for Early Game Access - whew!

BUT! What's this Registration Code? Amazon took my money the day I paid for it.

Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!

Raelyk
12.13.2011 , 12:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahl-Vinn View Post

I believe I've entered my Pre-Order Code into the My Account section where the currently-incomplete 'Registration code' 3rd box is. Even if it's not my Registration Code, it's still accepting the Pre-Order Code and tells me it's in-use. Luckily, the screen before assures the reader that this is apart from having registered for Early Game Access - whew!

Since you ordered on Amazon, that means you ordered a physical copy (Standard or Collector's Edition), as the Digital Deluxe edition is only on Origin. According to the FAQ, your physical copy should ship sometime today, with your registration code inside, and will hopefully arrive before the 20th, when you actually need it.

PHPer
12.13.2011 , 12:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahl-Vinn View Post

Has nothing to do with the issue we are adressing in this thread ?

nraga
12.13.2011 , 12:24 PM | #29
Panic!

Raelyk
12.13.2011 , 12:26 PM | #30
Has nothing to do with the issue we are adressing in this thread ?
It does, just indirectly. Nobody is supposed to have their product registration codes until after the 16th. If somebody got them early (which I don't know if I should believe), I wouldn't expect them to work yet.