Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Product registration code has already been used." Um, no, it hasn't.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Product registration code has already been used." Um, no, it hasn't.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Effinsickbro
12.13.2011 , 11:23 AM | #11
Yeah im having the same issue. Obviously were not screwed completely, if it comes down to it customer support will help you and resolve this. Hopefully it works just like the site says, if you pre ordered you dont need to do these steps til the actuall release date. Which on that day im assuming the code will work or they wouldnt have made the process like this.

Beslley
12.13.2011 , 11:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
I'm in this boat as well. Bought the digital deluxe from Origin and already redeemed my code before this new 'feature' came up. Now it says my code has already been used. Of course it has, BY ME! I took out a ticket with support asking for help. I suggest you at least do the same. I've been reading other threads that say the phone support is busy. I imagine that support is overwhelmed with the early access starting today. From what I've read, we should be okay for early game access, but we'll need to get this code thing resolved by the official launch. I wonder if the forum admin can shed any light on this.
Yeah, I'm just worried that this problem will persist up to actual launch and I won't actually be able to play as intended then

I sent in an e-mail ticket, but when I call the phone line it says it's out of service. Not sure if it's an issue with them or with my cell phone ._.

Lord-Thade
12.13.2011 , 11:29 AM | #13
I am having the same problem and i can not subscribe until i redeem my code,just attempting to get everything taken care of now so i can play on launch night.

PHPer
12.13.2011 , 11:31 AM | #14
Same issue here, how in the world can they make a system that cant handle and inform the users in a correct manner....

I mean i know the amount of people trying to do stuff here atm, but this is just a joke.

Bio/Ea/Lucas are basicly ignoring end users and giving no information what so ever.

Very disapointed so far tbh, as a MMO player for well over 15 years now. Im surprised this kind of customer service is still they best that can be done.....

Beslley
12.13.2011 , 11:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PHPer View Post
Same issue here, how in the world can they make a system that cant handle and inform the users in a correct manner....

I mean i know the amount of people trying to do stuff here atm, but this is just a joke.

Bio/Ea/Lucas are basicly ignoring end users and giving no information what so ever.

Very disapointed so far tbh, as a MMO player for well over 15 years now. Im surprised this kind of customer service is still they best that can be done.....
Yeah, I'm just very frustrated with the lack of communication along with general site instability. You'd think that they'd have expected the increased traffic but I guess they are blind to the popularity of their own game >_>

Part of the reason I left WoW was because of terrible customer support/total disregard for the players...this game's start does not inspire confidence in me as a customer at all.

darthsword
12.13.2011 , 11:41 AM | #16
I am also having the same issue. I am sure it will be resolved in due time. World of warcraft was about as terrible, if not worse, when it was released. While, Bioware should have tried to learn from Blizzards mistakes, it is not unexpected that a lot of these issues have happened. I am hoping to start sooner than later (I preordered in July) but I expect I will have to wait for a couple days maybe even later if they have server issues.

Beslley
12.13.2011 , 11:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by darthsword View Post
I am also having the same issue. I am sure it will be resolved in due time. World of warcraft was about as terrible, if not worse, when it was released. While, Bioware should have tried to learn from Blizzards mistakes, it is not unexpected that a lot of these issues have happened. I am hoping to start sooner than later (I preordered in July) but I expect I will have to wait for a couple days maybe even later if they have server issues.
Yeah, I actually ordered mid-october (actually as soon as the Mists of Pandaria announcement came out I pre-ordered, lol) so I don't expect to be let in today or even tomorrow. I'm slightly miffed that they didn't just tell me "no, you won't get in until x date" instead of getting my hopes up, but I can live with it. I'm just worried that I won't be able to play come launch day because of this ridiculous error :|

darthsword
12.13.2011 , 11:51 AM | #18
I am still checking on the phone help though, I will rant about it, if it will help me get in sooner. That means the phone lone to swtor help has to work though hahaha. I just want them to take my money is all! GALL!

KorvusKaar
12.13.2011 , 11:52 AM | #19
According to yellow post you'll receive that message until you are actually released for early access. As you already read you don't need that code for early access (I know you're worried about the 20th) but I haven't received any code for it yet (Origin still has my pre-order code only) and from what I heard the product codes will only start being sent on the 16th...

Raelyk
12.13.2011 , 11:55 AM | #20
Guys, this is all answered very clearly here: http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

Quote:
If you pre-ordered a digital version of the Game, the payment card that you input into the Origin.com billing system at the time of pre-order will be used to charge the remaining cost of the Game starting on December 16th and the official Game Product Registration Code of your digital edition will be emailed to the email address associated with your pre-order starting on December 16th at 8:00AM PST.

You will see two charges to your payment card for your pre-order:
At the time of pre-order purchase: $5/€5/£5 (for Standard Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition) or $20/€20/£15 (for Collector’s Edition) at the time of pre-order, for which you will receive the Pre-Order Code that entitles you to the pre-order offers, including Early Game Access and an exclusive pre-order in-game Color Stone.

At the time the full purchase of your official Game is fulfilled: The price for the edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic you had pre-ordered, minus the $5/€5/£5 or $20/€20/£15 already charged at the time of pre-order.
The codes you guys are entering are the pre-order codes, NOT the product registration codes. You won't get those until after the morning of the 16th, when they actually bill you for the game. I didn't quote the bit about physical copies, but if you did get that, you'll get billed today and it will ship to hopefully get to you before the 20th.