Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone: Novare Coast

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Necrosia
04.06.2012 , 12:08 PM | #21
Looks really good
Huttball is BRILLIANT! LETS GO BERSERK!

AdamHDMI
04.06.2012 , 12:16 PM | #22
YouTube link plox?
The Legendary Orange Pixel

HectorJ
04.06.2012 , 12:28 PM | #23
I leave for USMC bootcamp in 6 weeks time. I would love to play this before then, that is of course if BW gets off its *** and gives us a damn date. ~_~

Oogatang
04.06.2012 , 12:33 PM | #24
Not to be a negative nancy but what are the differences compared to the other capture and control they have? Controlled turrets will be shooting at a beach front instead of ships? Did I miss something?

MisterBlackJack
04.06.2012 , 12:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Oogatang View Post
Not to be a negative nancy but what are the differences compared to the other capture and control they have? Controlled turrets will be shooting at a beach front instead of ships? Did I miss something?
The difference is this is Alderaan mixed with Tug of War. In Alderaan you only need to hold one point after a given time to win. In this one you actually have to have at least 2 points captured in order to do any damange to the other team.

The other main difference is that the more people you have on the node the faster your team can capture the node. (HINCE WHY I SAY ITS HAS SOME TUG-OF-WAR ELEMENTS TO IT)

Also the area is much bigger and has more z axis where smugglers and agents can entrench themselves and do serious damage.

So yes its very similar to Alderaan but there are also features that make it much different.

EDIT: one more difference is it saves your progression in capturing the node. So if your team was only halfway through capturing it it will still be halfway
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

BenjaminminU
04.06.2012 , 12:56 PM | #26
Okay great another trailer, can you please stop teasing us with footage from 1.2 and send it to the live servers? surely it must be ready by now.

Edit: this warzone looks absolutely amazing as well, I can't wait to play it
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

TheSchwanz
04.06.2012 , 01:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Benuvil View Post
Still waiting for an MMO to come out with a very straightforward PvP setting. Slaughter count warzone would be so good. First team to 50 kills wins. The beauty of the plan is it's simplicity, dude.
still waiting because that doesnt work for an mmo since you get credit for killing someone by just doing damage. 50 kills per team would be over in like 1 min. and classes without a lot of AOE will be at a disadvantage. objective based games are much better.

TonyJaa
04.06.2012 , 01:22 PM | #28
I can't believe that from a video with an amazing war zone, the thing that caught my eye was the ridiculous Sorcerer gear!
ToniaJaa

Prophecy of the Five

ADPowah
04.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSchwanz View Post
still waiting because that doesnt work for an mmo since you get credit for killing someone by just doing damage. 50 kills per team would be over in like 1 min. and classes without a lot of AOE will be at a disadvantage. objective based games are much better.
Just cap the number of respawns to 50, then it's last team standing. Put something in the middle (NPC trackers, turrets that decrease the number of spawns, etc) that forces the teams to fight so it doesn't turn into hide and seek.
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.

Ketchum
04.06.2012 , 02:26 PM | #30
Having both teams clustered into one area instead of spread out and separated might be interesting. Republic may actually win a warzone on my server.
Murder and mayhem await