CC breaker ability or "Trinket" - reapplication of CC

Arumat

This is not something I want in the game, but an idea that randomly came to me that seems like it would fit the resolve system. Currently bored and browsing so figured, what the hey, ill post this.

It seems like being affected by CC is something that happens through a regular rotation and there being so much passivly and activly thrown out. A issue I seem to get alot is when I wait for a chance to use my "trinket", something reapplies something and usually feels like a waste.

It makes me feel like there should be a small ammount of time that using the ability feels useful when your being hit by frequent cc and I thought of a simple idea.

What if your "trinket" triggered your resolve bar at half the effectiveness? No I don't mean it fills resolve and gives you a white bar, but makes what you have white at half the expense.

Example: resolve is 1000 points, if you used it at 600, youd get immunity equal to having 300, by doubling the rate of speed the resolve drains.

It would feel like using it would give you some ground and at the same time can still "waste" the cooldown on a bad call of resolve you had and used it.

I would also like to mention that you still need to be under a condition to be able to use it, so you cant just call your resolve bar at will(like blocking a pull/push).

Edited by Arumat

This is not something I want in the game, but an idea that randomly came to me that seems like it would fit the resolve system. Currently bored and browsing so figured, what the hey, ill post this.

It seems like being affected by CC is something that happens through a regular rotation and there being so much passivly and activly thrown out. A issue I seem to get alot is when I wait for a chance to use my "trinket", something reapplies something and usually feels like a waste.

It makes me feel like there should be a small ammount of time that using the ability feels useful when your being hit by frequent cc and I thought of a simple idea.

What if your "trinket" triggered your resolve bar at half the effectiveness? No I don't mean it fills resolve and gives you a white bar, but makes what you have white at half the expense.

Example: resolve is 1000 points, if you used it at 600, youd get immunity equal to having 300, by doubling the rate of speed the resolve drains.

It would feel like using it would give you some ground and at the same time can still "waste" the cooldown on a bad call of resolve you had and used it.

I would also like to mention that you still need to be under a condition to be able to use it, so you cant just call your resolve bar at will(like blocking a pull/push).

Considering the "trinket" has a cooldown, you should get immunity from CC for X amount of time after you pop it. Say 15-20 seconds. There is no point to the "trinket" if I can use it and immediately get CC'd again for the full duration.

Considering the "trinket" has a cooldown, you should get immunity from CC for X amount of time after you pop it. Say 15-20 seconds. There is no point to the "trinket" if I can use it and immediately get CC'd again for the full duration.

well, the way I put it is exactly what you are saying, only at a much, MUCH less overpowering time.

there is far to much CC in this game which is one of the main reasons the pvp is so dam awefull.

because all class's have CC any healer that is specced for it should be able to clense all CC abilitys.

Thats... pretty irrelevant, but thanks for input?

currently resolve goes white bar after 16 sec of stun and gives you 4 sec immunity 1v1 that maybe fine but onec your trinket is down and there are multiple enemies your just going to get stunned another 16 sec after the 4 secand it gets stupid being stunned for 32 secs out of 36 sec, i think they need to lower the trinket cd to 1 min and get rid of/change that talents that lower the cd to something like the mara's that heals you for 10% on use or gives a stun immunity longer then what resolve gives

currently resolve goes white bar after 16 sec of stun and gives you 4 sec immunity 1v1 that maybe fine but onec your trinket is down and there are multiple enemies your just going to get stunned another 16 sec after the 4 secand it gets stupid being stunned for 32 secs out of 36 sec, i think they need to lower the trinket cd to 1 min and get rid of/change that talents that lower the cd to something like the mara's that heals you for 10% on use or gives a stun immunity longer then what resolve gives

It is so untrue that I dont even know what to say.

1. You cannot be stunned for 16 seconds. You can be mezzed for 16 seconds, when the second mez ends you will have 12 sec of CC immunity (if you didnt use CC breaker ofc)

2. You can be stunned for 8 seconds, after second stun end you will be CC immune for 16 seconds.

You and people like you are the source of all whinning about resolve and CC in SW TOR and you dont have a clue about how it works. Bunch of trolls...

there is far to much CC in this game which is one of the main reasons the pvp is so dam awefull.

because all class's have CC any healer that is specced for it should be able to clense all CC abilitys.

Odd indeed, most ppl love this pvp and always the handful of whiners...

1. You cannot be stunned for 16 seconds. You can be mezzed for 16 seconds, when the second mez ends you will have 12 sec of CC immunity (if you didnt use CC breaker ofc)

2. You can be stunned for 8 seconds, after second stun end you will be CC immune for 16 seconds.

You and people like you are the source of all whinning about resolve and CC in SW TOR and you dont have a clue about how it works. Bunch of trolls...

ok i got my numbers from the wrong spot ages ago but you dont have blow up about it. you could have responded more like this, "hey the times are actually this (point 1 and 2)"

and then comment on the point of the comment. either way this game has alot of cc and 1.5-2 min trinket is long lowering the cd and makeing the talents give a temp buff like a speed increase or 10% would make pvp that little more enjoyable

ok i got my numbers from the wrong spot ages ago but you dont have blow up about it. you could have responded more like this, "hey the times are actually this (point 1 and 2)"

and then comment on the point of the comment. either way this game has alot of cc and 1.5-2 min trinket is long lowering the cd and makeing the talents give a temp buff like a speed increase or 10% would make pvp that little more enjoyable

You could use capital letters, paragraphs or just plain old understandable English instead of this...I dont know...gibbering. I would answer your post in different way then.

You just stated the entire problem as far as I'm concerned. I can be stunned for 8 seconds and if I live through it I am immune for 16 whole seconds before I get stunned or mezzed again?? Wow what a deal!

The full resolve bar drains too fast, allowing you to be CC'd too often.

You just stated the entire problem as far as I'm concerned. I can be stunned for 8 seconds and if I live through it I am immune for 16 whole seconds before I get stunned or mezzed again?? Wow what a deal!

The full resolve bar drains too fast, allowing you to be CC'd too often.

16 seconds is 11 global cooldowns plus any abilities not affected by the GCD. Seems plenty long enough to me.

And 8 seconds is 5+ globals. So you think its fun for someone to be unable to control their character 33% of the time? (5 out of 16 globals you can be stunned, even longer if you are mezzed instead) Edited by moomtazz

And 8 seconds is 5+ globals. So you think its fun for someone to be unable to control their character 33% of the time? (5 out of 16 globals you can be stunned, even longer if you are mezzed instead)

And tell me, what fun is in being pulled into a fire and insta killed? Or hit with HIB, Stockstrike,HIB+assault plastique for some w t f pwned dmg? (You have a vanguard in your sig;))

Now, is pulling people into fire or bursting them in 3 GCD for 60% hp fun? Or stunning for 6,5 sec? (vanguard can do that too)

With that argumentation, you act as you never use those abilities against others and you are poor little victim. Yea, right.

Resolve, in your exampe, makes you unable to control your char for 33% of time - when you are focused by more than 1 character. Diminishing returns lets you to be unable to take any action basicaly forever when you are focused by more than 1 character.

Additionaly, SW TOR with guard+taunt mechanic lets your team mates save you during that 8 seconds period. IMO, CC, resolve and amounts of damage are balanced around taunts, guards and helaing. In PUG, you are hit with damage and CC, but only rarely portected by your team. IMO, this is what creates complains about resolve. System is fine in the big picture, but when you routinely die in those 8 seconds, you may not like it.

BTW, I think focusing fire AND CC on 1 person is dumb as hell. When you and 2 your teamates focus fire on 1 character, he will die regardless of his ability to act, slowing him is usually enough to keep them under fire. CC his friends, his healer and his tank and let them wait for their turn. But ofc this requires a bit more tactic than spamming everything on 1 guy until he die. Cant wait for ranked WZ....

This would solve most issues IMO - 15seconds of CC immunity. But it would have to effect ALL CC...the roots, the dizzy, the twirly thing, the knock down, the knock back, the confused, the frozen, the pulls.

CC's are a joke in this game. Not being able to even move your character while you get pummeled is simply not fun.

This would solve most issues IMO - 15seconds of CC immunity. But it would have to effect ALL CC...the roots, the dizzy, the twirly thing, the knock down, the knock back, the confused, the frozen, the pulls.

CC's are a joke in this game. Not being able to even move your character while you get pummeled is simply not fun.

With a time window like that it would be a bad idea to try and cc a ball carrier near a goal line.

15 seconds of immunity is just bad.

On another note, holy **** you guys got way off topic with your bickering.