Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get it together, EA

HawkeyeCS
12.16.2011 , 10:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Want some cheese with that whine?
The queue is normal. if you think THIS is bad, just wait until release.
It's Friday night, it's going to be like this ALL WEEKEND LONG, deal with it
God, I love entitlement posts.... waaah, let me n already, waaaah, I didn't get a full 7 days, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah.
I logged out merely to change my sound configuration (5.1 sounds like crap, can barely hear the questgiver talk), logged back in and I'm 160 in queue. It will pass.

You're not "entitled" to play the game whenever you want, and they're not going to expedite you for everyone else. beta testing had NOTHING to do with queues, except when they were stress testing the servers to see how much they'd hold. Guess what? They did a FINE job there. I've been on Dreshdae all day, without a hitch, and that server's full right now

Like with anything, you need to be patient and wait your turn... Or , you could go back to WoW with crappy pandas, no storyline, and quests that are irrelevant... Your choice.
Actually, when I'm paying for a product and paying for a monthly subscription to said product, I do feel entitled to login and play whenever I want... Now it's still pre-release so I'll give them time to correct it, but the clock is ticking... Accepting anything less than that is just plain crazy... If EA can't provide a proper gaming experience then I won't hesitate to give my gaming dollars to somebody else who can!

MrNybble
12.16.2011 , 10:19 PM | #22
I hate to say I told you so but...I told you so. I'm in about a 30 minute Queue ATM. Just wait until the huge influx of kiddies that find SWTOR under the Christmas (Holiday bush) tree invade on the 20th - 25th. It will be insane then.

And wasnt this the reason they gave for the slow <waves>? To make sure everything was able to handle things?

<bows head> I'm ashamed...very ashamed of EA and BW. Paying $15 a month to wait in a queue when realistically I only have an hour or two to play.
The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move...Douglas Adams

Traenall
12.16.2011 , 10:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
It is normal for MMO releases.. but Bioware spoke adamantly about this release being different.. even saying they filled a server with 200,000 bots and it held up fine. The fact that they are choking off the amount of players allowed in a server right now is a real concern for me. They are basically intentionally making this an unpleasant experience for people.

My friends said they would wait a bit to see how Bioware handles this game because they know the type of service Bioware is known for and I didn't. I'm starting to understand what they meant now.

Actually you are jumping to a lot of conclusions. A lot of the process of popping new servers into this kind of environment has to do with staggering access so that individual areas in the game world dont get congested and lag everyone who got through the queue into an unplayable lag zone.

Plus,, with the huge numbers of players in there already, zone resources like Mobs and Gathering resource nodes have to be available for players to collect. So, you can jam so many people into a zone until they get backed up waiting for quest items/objectives to re-spawn.

As players level to 10 and move out from the starting zones, more players are allowed in to take their place and continually move players into the higher ends of the game.

Thats just how it works. You paid for the game.. opening the doors wide open would only give you an extremely poor lagfest play experience.
"Yoda of Borg, I am... assimilated, you will be... yessss...."

Merricks
12.16.2011 , 10:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeroeth View Post
I just got home from work, it's late, I'm tired, no I will not wait in a 2-hour queue to play a game that hasn't even bloody launched yet, that has more issues in the release version then it ever did in Beta, where animation scripts bug randomly and won't let me use /p or /g channels (oh Christ is that getting irritating), that uses 3X the system resources of games that are twice as visually intense, that shipped a single-print $150 collector's edition in a damaged box (admittedly probably more Amazon's fault).

I like the game, but Jesus, get it the hell together already. Apparently months of Beta tests wasn't enough for one of the world's largest and wealthiest game publishers to determine what their servers would need to be capable of to handle the players THEY ALREADY BLOODY KNEW ABOUT
While I agree about the queue , I must say I have been running the game without problems..

Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 10:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerElectronic View Post
you are an idiot

I joined a server called "kathol rift" waited only 49 milliseconds. I joined after I came home from work at 6:39 EST....

there are "new" standard servers that were JUST added.
There's thing called already have a character on a server, heard of it? Many of us don't have the luxury of starting where we want. We already committed to a server and now were stuck.

QuiveringPotato
12.16.2011 , 10:21 PM | #26
Standard population RP servers ftw..
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Kriven
12.16.2011 , 10:23 PM | #27
I am not really upset about the queues myself but I will say I am worried about Launch. When people have free access to attack the servers I am sure if you plan on playing on a weds you will have to queue on a monday :P

Oh well it will go away over time. At least for now my server is not empty.

cyco
12.16.2011 , 10:23 PM | #28
hehe should try swiftsure, 2 hour est wait, been in q for 1h 1/2 and im at 700 now, joined at 1700 hehe
Smuggler's 'I Win Buttons'. Groin Kick beats males, Charm beats females.

Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 10:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by cyco View Post
hehe should try swiftsure, 2 hour est wait, been in q for 1h 1/2 and im at 700 now, joined at 1700 hehe
yep. 2 1/2 hour wait time on Harbringer. Gotta love it when your game crashes too and you repeat the process all over again.

TomWhiting
12.16.2011 , 10:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by HawkeyeCS View Post
Actually, when I'm paying for a product and paying for a monthly subscription to said product, I do feel entitled to login and play whenever I want...
And so do all the millions and millions of other subscribers. They all want in on the SAME DAMN SERVER. Guess what? NOT HAPPENING. No matter HOW much you 'want' something, or you feel 'entitled' to it, you're not.

EA/Bioware never gave you a guarantee you'd be able to play instantly. Nor did they say "hey, you can play on whatever server you want, whenever you want". Sorry, but you'll have to wait your turn in line, like everyone else.