Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get it together, EA

Blaac
12.16.2011 , 10:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nephemera View Post
Anyone who thinks a two-hour queue is "normal" and "part of a game" has some serious issues. For the rest of us, it's a valid concern, especially when that two-hour queue occurs after a crash or disconnect.
Its a normal part of release, not a normal part of the game. Things dont magically just start working the way they should. Any large scale MMO release has its issues. The largest MMO to date is WoW and it had 1-2 hour queues at release as well.

Things will be adjusted and fixed, yes it sucks until then, but there isnt a "fix all problems" switch as much as the general public thinks there is.
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 10:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaac View Post
Its a normal part of release, not a normal part of the game. Things dont magically just start working the way they should. Any large scale MMO release has its issues. The largest MMO to date is WoW and it had 1-2 hour queues at release as well.

Things will be adjusted and fixed, yes it sucks until then, but there isnt a "fix all problems" switch as much as the general public thinks there is.
It is normal for MMO releases.. but Bioware spoke adamantly about this release being different.. even saying they filled a server with 200,000 bots and it held up fine. The fact that they are choking off the amount of players allowed in a server right now is a real concern for me. They are basically intentionally making this an unpleasant experience for people.

My friends said they would wait a bit to see how Bioware handles this game because they know the type of service Bioware is known for and I didn't. I'm starting to understand what they meant now.

Traenall
12.16.2011 , 10:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nephemera View Post
Anyone who thinks a two-hour queue is "normal" and "part of a game" has some serious issues. For the rest of us, it's a valid concern, especially when that two-hour queue occurs after a crash or disconnect.
At this stage of a game launch.. its entirely normal. This is exactly how games are launched without driving up the price of the monthly sub. BW will pop new servers as needed when they have a definitive number of how many players are on each server over the long term.

If BW suddenly popped 50 more servers just to make your queue time better, then they have to pay for those 50 servers without knowing anything about how populations are going to play out over time. That's money wasted for servers and server hardware basically put up for nothing.

When servers are needed they will be added. Until then, BW is deeply involved in a ton of Metrics and ton a of feedback from their systems.

Relax... eat a snack... watch some tv... and rest easy knowing all the beta tests in the world are not the same thing as moving into full production. Not even the Beta Test Weekends.
"Yoda of Borg, I am... assimilated, you will be... yessss...."

FilmmakerSteve
12.16.2011 , 10:15 PM | #14
Even if someone just tossed a huge amount of money at the problem, all they end up with is just more servers...anything else is an IT issue, and takes a bit of time to fix.

That is one thing they are "using" the early access for is to stress test, and although it maybe stressed, I don't think it is failing.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 10:15 PM | #15
This has nothing to do with more servers. Bioware intentionally cut off the amount of players allowed in a server. They aren't at full capacity.

Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 10:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FilmmakerSteve View Post
Even if someone just tossed a huge amount of money at the problem, all they end up with is just more servers...anything else is an IT issue, and takes a bit of time to fix.

That is one thing they are "using" the early access for is to stress test, and although it maybe stressed, I don't think it is failing.
They also said that early access wasn't a stress test for servers. lol

PowerElectronic
12.16.2011 , 10:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeroeth View Post
I just got home from work, it's late, I'm tired, no I will not wait in a 2-hour queue to play a game that hasn't even bloody launched yet, that has more issues in the release version then it ever did in Beta, where animation scripts bug randomly and won't let me use /p or /g channels (oh Christ is that getting irritating), that uses 3X the system resources of games that are twice as visually intense, that shipped a single-print $150 collector's edition in a damaged box (admittedly probably more Amazon's fault).

I like the game, but Jesus, get it the hell together already. Apparently months of Beta tests wasn't enough for one of the world's largest and wealthiest game publishers to determine what their servers would need to be capable of to handle the players THEY ALREADY BLOODY KNEW ABOUT
you are an idiot

I joined a server called "kathol rift" waited only 49 milliseconds. I joined after I came home from work at 6:39 EST....

there are "new" standard servers that were JUST added.

SnoggyMack
12.16.2011 , 10:17 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
, deal with it
How does one deal with it?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

FilmmakerSteve
12.16.2011 , 10:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
They also said that early access wasn't a stress test for servers. lol
Oh well...there goes positive thinking for me!

But, this is nothing new to me. Same ole story, but a game that has quite a bit new to offer for a change so I'm hanging in there. It's worth the wait for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Foofie
12.16.2011 , 10:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
your crying about him crying....

^this!
Master Foofie SWG Tempest Survivor FORCE Disciples