Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get it together, EA

Zeroeth
12.16.2011 , 09:49 PM | #1
I just got home from work, it's late, I'm tired, no I will not wait in a 2-hour queue to play a game that hasn't even bloody launched yet, that has more issues in the release version then it ever did in Beta, where animation scripts bug randomly and won't let me use /p or /g channels (oh Christ is that getting irritating), that uses 3X the system resources of games that are twice as visually intense, that shipped a single-print $150 collector's edition in a damaged box (admittedly probably more Amazon's fault).

I like the game, but Jesus, get it the hell together already. Apparently months of Beta tests wasn't enough for one of the world's largest and wealthiest game publishers to determine what their servers would need to be capable of to handle the players THEY ALREADY BLOODY KNEW ABOUT

TomWhiting
12.16.2011 , 09:55 PM | #2
Want some cheese with that whine?
The queue is normal. if you think THIS is bad, just wait until release.
It's Friday night, it's going to be like this ALL WEEKEND LONG, deal with it
God, I love entitlement posts.... waaah, let me n already, waaaah, I didn't get a full 7 days, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah.
I logged out merely to change my sound configuration (5.1 sounds like crap, can barely hear the questgiver talk), logged back in and I'm 160 in queue. It will pass.

You're not "entitled" to play the game whenever you want, and they're not going to expedite you for everyone else. beta testing had NOTHING to do with queues, except when they were stress testing the servers to see how much they'd hold. Guess what? They did a FINE job there. I've been on Dreshdae all day, without a hitch, and that server's full right now

Like with anything, you need to be patient and wait your turn... Or , you could go back to WoW with crappy pandas, no storyline, and quests that are irrelevant... Your choice.

Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 09:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
God, I love entitlement posts.... waaah, let me n already, waaaah, I didn't get a full 7 days, waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah.
I logged out merely to change my sound configuration (5.1 sounds like crap, can barely hear the questgiver talk), logged back in and I'm 160 in queue. It will pass.

You're not "entitled" to play the game whenever you want, and they're not going to expedite you for everyone else. beta testing had NOTHING to do with queues, except when they were stress testing the servers to see how much they'd hold. Guess what? They did a FINE job there. I've been on Dreshdae all day, without a hitch, and that server's full right now

Like with anything, you need to be patient and wait your turn... Or , you could go back to WoW with crappy pandas, no storyline, and quests that are irrelevant... Your choice.
You have nowhere to talk when you're only experiencing about a 10 minute wait.. when others such as myself are experiencing close to 2 hours wait times to get into our server. That on top of game randomly closing / crashing is making this a frustrating experience for a lot of people.

TKMaster
12.16.2011 , 09:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post

Your crying about him crying....

betuss
12.16.2011 , 09:59 PM | #5
I must say I agree with the op about que times.

TomWhiting
12.16.2011 , 10:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
You have nowhere to talk when you're only experiencing about a 10 minute wait.. when others such as myself as experience close to 2 hours wait to get into our server. That on top of game randomly closing / crashing is making this a frustrating experience for a lot of people.
I have every room to talk. This is called part of a game. Deal with it.

Kraftvoll
12.16.2011 , 10:01 PM | #7
160 In queue is nothing. I've been in queue for 1.25 hours. Still 650 in queue. And before anyone says re-roll, this is the server my pre made guild was placed on.

These queues are absurd. And to top it off, I'm not sure what the time out time is but I've been timed out 3 times in the last 2 days. This last time I was 50 in the queue. Took 15 minutes to eat dinner. Came back and I had been timed out. Ended up back in a 1200+ queue.

TheShiv
12.16.2011 , 10:06 PM | #8
The way I look at is, that there shouldn't be a wait. I give credit to EA/BioWare for making a great game, but they need to think of a logical way to get rid of queues. Perhaps free server switches for guilds and players. They should have expected this.

And for the record I feel entitled to have answers and be able to play when I want to play because, last time I checked, I paid for this game - I will also be paying $15 a month to play the game, when I want, and not have to wait in a queue. I give EA/BioWare a lot of credit, this game has potential but really somethings as dumb as server limits and guild UI being messed up. I understand bugs in the game, but they had 6 months before early access week, they should have seen this coming and prepared.

Nephemera
12.16.2011 , 10:06 PM | #9
Anyone who thinks a two-hour queue is "normal" and "part of a game" has some serious issues. For the rest of us, it's a valid concern, especially when that two-hour queue occurs after a crash or disconnect.

FilmmakerSteve
12.16.2011 , 10:06 PM | #10
I think it's amazing that they may be looking into character transfers this early, before the game is even launched.

Can anyone else see the beauty in this?
---------------------------------------------------------------