Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many cc abilities- world record in mmo history

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Too many cc abilities- world record in mmo history

carpatian
04.05.2012 , 09:49 PM | #1
I play a maradeur and i have to say im done with warzones not because i dont do well but is extremely,extremely anoying those milions cc abilities ,push backs,slows roots sleeps etc etc .i never played a mmo game with so many like swtor have . i dont wana say for empire side warzones is just about hutball 90% of the games where those ccs are even worse. i like the game but honestly how much love i need ,to keep playing with so many bs.i know there is many threads about that but this game pvp look like was made it by completely unispired team. sorry (sory im not native english speaker).

Ignicity
04.05.2012 , 09:52 PM | #2
On the plus side, at least that's one less marauder to contend with in WZs

Alric_Annondu
04.05.2012 , 09:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by carpatian View Post
I play a maradeur and i have to say im done with warzones not because i dont do well but is extremely,extremely anoying those milions cc abilities ,push backs,slows roots sleeps etc etc .i never played a mmo game with so many like swtor have . i dont wana say for empire side warzones is just about hutball 90% of the games where those ccs are even worse. i like the game but honestly how much love i need ,to keep playing with so many bs.i know there is many threads about that but this game pvp look like was made it by completely unispired team. sorry (sory im not native english speaker).

cc abilities are what pvp is all about.

It's not bs if I mind control you so you don't get the ball before my team.

it's proper gameplay.
MADNESS- Firaxa Shark

carpatian
04.05.2012 , 09:58 PM | #4
the think is every game have ccs but on decent cooldowns specific clases etc etc. swtor every fing class have stupid amount of ccs on ridicoulous low cooldown killing all the fun

Vikassi
04.05.2012 , 09:59 PM | #5
I like the cc, just l2p and youll be fine.

Flarenza
04.05.2012 , 10:02 PM | #6
The problem is that there aren't enough counter-ccs in the game, as well as the imbalance of what classes get them. Add in the fact of how op heals are and you pretty much don't even need certain classes at all because of how subpar they are. Shieldtech powertech for one, the worst tank in the game.

Scionset
04.05.2012 , 10:03 PM | #7
got to agree. Learn your MMo's if you think this one has a fair amount of CC's. its just not fun to be cc'd to death. In WOW it was at least just the Rogue. now its every class that has them. nothing wrong with cc's but the cooldowns are way to short.
Never can I reach for what I set myself to acquire, but I ever continue to strive for it. The Force is Infinite but I am Finite. So I rely on it instead of myself.

Collectors Edition VIP

xPANDORAx
04.05.2012 , 10:14 PM | #8
I have no issue with the amount of cc's out there for the classes. But the cc locking that happens. Being cc locked sucks. And cc locked in huttball = instant death

Ceasaigh
04.05.2012 , 10:20 PM | #9
CC abilities should scale in diminishing order, the more you get cc's the less the duration of the stun root. As it stands right now the resolve bar doesn't protect you from roots and chokes/stasis. I have literary been frozen in one spot for over 15 seconds, unable to move or fight back. Only thing that kept me alive was a good healer.

I don't mind the cc's what I do mind is the way the resolve bar works and being chained stunned.

Another option is to reduce the cool down on the stun break or introduce a stun trinket with a longer cool down but on a different timer then the traditional stun breaker.
Jedi Guardian Ceasaigh
<Working as Intended>
"The Hawk Legacy"
Jedi Covenant

Mystry
04.05.2012 , 10:27 PM | #10
I agree. Most CC abilities should be completely removed from the game, especially the 4 second stuns that every single class except Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors have.

Its absolutely silly that I'm chain ccd for the ENTIRE WARZONE with immobilizes, knockbacks, stuns, blinds and all other nonsense that goes through resolve for no real reason. I'm frequently stunned with a full white resolve bar, which is completely stupid.