Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi have children?

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 09:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
At least the Sith are upfront about it. Do what you want, but just obey your Lord or Darth until something comes up and you get the chance to kill him/her.

Besides, trolling Jedi Masters isn't near as much fun as trolling Darth Baras or Thana Vesh or even Zash. Zash is downright hilarious and has the wits to match you barb for barb, too. Some of her comebacks are priceless.
That's beside the point. It's true though, I was laughing my behind off when I said to Baras "problems?" And he facepalmed. Zash is also awesome. It's a shame how things went down with Baras, I would have happily kept on killing for him without any desires for his power.

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 09:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Kira and I aren't hiding it. We're just not telling anyone. Nobody's asked.
On the Consular, there is an option to keep it a secret. I told him "No, we need to inform the council" and as such, the council was fine with it. That's exactly my point. No one asks the Consular either.

Captain_Zone
04.05.2012 , 10:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
That's beside the point. It's true though, I was laughing my behind off when I said to Baras "problems?" And he facepalmed. Zash is also awesome. It's a shame how things went down with Baras, I would have happily kept on killing for him without any desires for his power.
Meh. Darth Cartman got what he deserved. Banished to some forgotten rock of Vowrawn's choosing. Hell, Vowrawn's probably the only Sith Lord I didn't troll. Mostly because he's funny as hell and a stand-up guy.

"If only we could sell tickets!", "I feel a hundred years younger!", and lines like that had me rolling!

But anyhow, it's the Jedi that make the Sith way of life look so awesome. They restrict everything and the Revised Code they follow makes it even harder. It's much more restrictively worded than the Original Code, and much more open to misinterpretation.

The impression I always get from their regulations and restrictions is that they want every Jedi to be a drone. I know quite a few others with the same view of it. Their entire philosophy seems to be "If we don't like it, we ban it."

The number of Jedi who have fallen because of a bad relationship or because their family got wiped out by bad guys is quite a bit less than the number of Jedi who fell because they just wanted more power.

I like Luke's philosophy: "Don't ban stuff. Deal with situations on a case by case basis." I could see being a Jedi in his Order. But in TOR? Forget it. If my Knight would have been banned from getting any, I would have said "To hell with this!" and played my Warrior more. It's bad enough that the Knight gets DS points for starting a romance in the first place.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Captain_Zone
04.05.2012 , 10:14 PM | #24
On the Consular, there is an option to keep it a secret. I told him "No, we need to inform the council" and as such, the council was fine with it. That's exactly my point. No one asks the Consular either.
It never even came up in conversation with Kira. Also, I do believe the rules are a bit different for a Jedi marrying a non-Force user. The regs I posted earlier were for Jedi/Jedi marriages.

EDIT: Just remembered it DID come up once, but telling the Council wasn't an option.
. OPOD

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 10:21 PM | #25
I mostly play Sith because it's more fun, especially the Inquisitor. Who can argue with logic like "Insanity should be embraced! Your enemies can't defeat you if they don't know what's coming!" I only made a Consular to unlock Miraluka and to see that side of the game and, at least the Jedi are too stoic for my tastes. The Inquisitor is bat-**** crazy, and I love it.

Captain_Zone
04.05.2012 , 10:28 PM | #26
I mostly play Sith because it's more fun, especially the Inquisitor. Who can argue with logic like "Insanity should be embraced! Your enemies can't defeat you if they don't know what's coming!" I only made a Consular to unlock Miraluka and to see that side of the game and, at least the Jedi are too stoic for my tastes. The Inquisitor is bat-**** crazy, and I love it.
I love that one line most of all: "You should see my OTHER personality." when someone called my Assassin "crazy". I just about **** myself laughing!
. OPOD

Jandi
04.05.2012 , 10:32 PM | #27
To be fair, there is that one time, on Taris with a BH. Mako asks, kindly, "What should we do with the civilians" My response? "Round them up and I'll use my flamethrower" which, granted, resulted in massive DS points and Mako going "What?". The Empire is just more fun all around.

LeeC
04.06.2012 , 12:28 AM | #28
from the knights romance with kira you can marry but...

Spoiler

Captain_Zone
04.06.2012 , 12:33 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
from the knights romance with kira you can marry but...

Spoiler
I actually posted all the rules they had for Jedi/Jedi marriage. But yes, in the case of the Consular/Trooper getting hitched, it wasn't nearly as complicated. It's supposed to be easier for Jedi to marry non-Force users, but yeah.

Oooh, I hope I can take my Assassin to Tython in an expansion along with Ashara to tell the Council we're getting married. That would be epic to see the look of horror on Satele's face.

Satele: Waitwhat? You're marrying a Sith????

Ashara: That's right, bish. You got a problem with that???
. OPOD

Jandi
04.06.2012 , 12:38 AM | #30
It's hilarious, at one point Ashara is like "But... you're a Sith!" And my response was "I'm more grey, really" with an added "For reals" in the back of my head. Ashara is so stupid and naive, it's adorable.