Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage Reroll Choice

DirtyBirdie
04.05.2012 , 02:49 PM | #1
Hey Guys, with the impending 1.2 patch blowing the sage to pieces, i am considering making an alt (i was going to make an alt anyway but this pushes the point rather forcefully). The question is: What class are you guys/girls going to reroll post 1.2 and why? I was thinking a DPS vangaurd, then at least i have the choice to switch into a tank once i've hit 50 if i choose to.

LancelotOC
04.05.2012 , 02:51 PM | #2
I was thinking Vangaurd too.

XenonParsec
04.05.2012 , 02:51 PM | #3
I'd recommend the new post-1.2 fotm class, mara/sent.

veyl
04.05.2012 , 02:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by XenonParsec View Post
I'd recommend the new post-1.2 fotm class, mara/sent.
Don't forget assassin/shadow.

DirtyBirdie
04.05.2012 , 02:55 PM | #5
Yea shadow, sent, and vangaurd all look sweet for their own reasons. Its a toss up between sentinel and vangaurd right now, i think the sentinel would be way more fun pvp and the vangaurd a better pve choice...

Timithori
04.05.2012 , 02:58 PM | #6
If these changes go through I won't be rerolling. I'd suggest doing what I will do and simply not add a new time card to your account.

gofortheko
04.05.2012 , 03:12 PM | #7
Why is Vanguard so high? They are nerfing the best tank hybrid spec, and changing how often HIB can proc, they are taking a pretty average class and making is slightly worse.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

DirtyBirdie
04.05.2012 , 03:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Why is Vanguard so high? They are nerfing the best tank hybrid spec, and changing how often HIB can proc, they are taking a pretty average class and making is slightly worse.
from my personal experience vangaurds are the best pve tanks in the game? So what would you chose to reroll then?

DirtyBirdie
04.05.2012 , 03:31 PM | #9
the only thing keeping me from shadow is the fact that i would have to go through the same storyline i just did with the sage so that option is out. Right now its between Jedi Knight or trooper, advance class still up to debate.

Onager
04.05.2012 , 04:31 PM | #10
I'm not going to give up my Sage, but I already have a Guardian at 50 who's Vigilance spec, which is the main spec that got a substantial buff this round, so I'm pretty happy about that. My normal rotation's going to feel a lot smoother with the changes.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]