Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive FPS problems

RevanSheperd
12.16.2011 , 11:39 PM | #21
I've had FPS problems in some areas.

I got it fixed by setting the Shadow complexity to low or off.

Also make sure you select Apply and not OK after making a change as clicking OK doesn't apply the changes.

Stingerz
12.16.2011 , 11:41 PM | #22
same prob as op and i have an alien laptop with sick perfomance capabilities and blazing internet speeds. sorry but if its nothing they can fix by tues ill be redeeming my preorder. no point in paying for a game i cant play. im stuck at lvl 2 becuase i cant target an enemy and hit more than 1 attack every 10 sec.
Remember: if you play with your wookie to much you could go blind!

Kabasue
12.16.2011 , 11:42 PM | #23
Quad 2.6, 4gigs of ram 4600 HD amd 1gig ddr3, and I can't walk a straight cordador. My end, thier end, doesn't matter, I am not going point any fingers I just want some help fixing it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

I just cranked up my graphics to max, apply, then turned around and set them to minium, and applyed again. This had a desirable effect, and my FPS is much better now.

Skodar
12.16.2011 , 11:44 PM | #24
I'm running the game at 120 FPS and 42ms latency. I'm in a guild full of people running anywhere from 45-130 FPS and 32-145 latency. How is it 12 people with varying setups(and yes, some of them on laptops) can all not have any issues, plus the number of people who have been playing for hours on end, with no issues, all have some magic waiver from BioWare saying that our games will not be graphically bugged, but the couple hundred of you folks, who aren't running minimum specs, don't have your magic waiver. This is not an issue on their end. Make sure you've run repair, updated DirectX, graphics drivers, etc. After all that, if you still have an issue, post a DXdiag and/or system specs, and the more tech savvy who roam the forums *may* be able to help you. If not, drop a call to tech/customer support, and see what they suggest.
What they need to do is stop trying to "balance" for PvP and publically state the obvious -- that PvP is a mini-game in a MMORPG.

SunnyG
12.16.2011 , 11:59 PM | #25
I get the same performance on all graphics settings and its really not that great, choppy at best. running 3.2 ghz amd dual-core with a gtx 550ti gpu. I honestly believed this game is poorly optimized and its ruining the game for me. Please Bioware do something, this game honestly doesn't look that good, atleast give paying customers one that runs well.

rahbosse
12.17.2011 , 12:28 AM | #26
I have a GTX 570 and I run at around 40-50fps... Took a look at my GPU utilization and it's at a measly 33%... sometimes it'll spike to 50% and I'll hit 80FPS... something is wrong. I'm installing a BETA drive to see if that MAY help..