Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive FPS problems

Aaronnar
12.16.2011 , 10:08 PM | #11
Guys, the graphics preferences aren't actually doing anything, once they acknowledge this and get a fix for it I'm sure we'll see much better compatibility across the board. People can't dial their computers in properly.

Graphics settings don't change anything right now. High settings or low settings everything stays the same.

zKane
12.16.2011 , 11:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaronnar View Post
Guys, the graphics preferences aren't actually doing anything, once they acknowledge this and get a fix for it I'm sure we'll see much better compatibility across the board. People can't dial their computers in properly.

Graphics settings don't change anything right now. High settings or low settings everything stays the same.
Wow... way to drop the ball bioware....

I'm really annoyed about this. I was really looking forward to playing this, but it's nearly unplayable for me.

tyriuse
12.16.2011 , 11:20 PM | #13

i knew it...was wondering why the friggin bloom was always on even ftper i switched it off...

they already acknowledged the prob...and were ..asking us to post our dxdiag....
SQUIRREL !!! hooah

SeniorPenguin
12.16.2011 , 11:24 PM | #14
Yeah, I get the same problem. My fps is so terrible in buildings it takes me 10 minutes to navigate a straight corridor.

Sometimes in open areas my fps would be good and how I imagined most everyone else viewed the game.

I don't have the strongest computer, and I can't afford one either, so I'm hoping that this is actually a client issue that will be resolved VERY SOON.

kraniumz
12.16.2011 , 11:25 PM | #15

Huh ? That's weird because it works fine on my client. I know cause i open up the .ini and i see the settings changed when i tweak the ingame settings.

Skodar
12.16.2011 , 11:31 PM | #16
I don't see how it can be "their problem" when there's hundreds of thousands of people not having any issues at all. They'll do what they can on their end, I'm sure, but at some point you're going to have to realize that if you're running a computer that's blazing on other mmos or fps, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll work the same for this game. Different engines use graphics cards/cpus differently.
What they need to do is stop trying to "balance" for PvP and publically state the obvious -- that PvP is a mini-game in a MMORPG.

zKane
12.16.2011 , 11:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodar View Post
I don't see how it can be "their problem" when there's hundreds of thousands of people not having any issues at all. They'll do what they can on their end, I'm sure, but at some point you're going to have to realize that if you're running a computer that's blazing on other mmos or fps, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll work the same for this game. Different engines use graphics cards/cpus differently.
My computer doubles the recommended specs, so, no, it's not on my end.

Darth_Malevolent
12.16.2011 , 11:34 PM | #18
I set everything to lowest settings, then highest settings... doesn't look like there is any difference; is the choice of settings just for show or something? lol
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

Skodar
12.16.2011 , 11:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by zKane View Post
My computer doubles the recommended specs, so, no, it's not on my end.
You're missing the point. Even taking into account the small amount of people who actually are posting on this forum with the issue, and the larger amount with the same problem but won't post, the number of people without a problem vastly outnumber those with. So there's a good probability that it's not on their end. I won't argue the point, but there it is.
What they need to do is stop trying to "balance" for PvP and publically state the obvious -- that PvP is a mini-game in a MMORPG.

Deaga
12.16.2011 , 11:39 PM | #20
Performance in this game is god awful.
FPS drops sporadically everywhere as low as 19FPS.

The only time I get a stable 60FPS is inside FP's. (it never goes above 60)
However, when I'm outside it could be anywhere between 20-1xx.

A friend with the same GPU and a slightly better CPU has the same issues.

*** Bioware, BF3 runs better than this.
Squadron 1020
PIIx4 955 BE@3.6GHz l 4GB DDR3 1333 l MSI GTX 460 768MB SC
I am the 5% UNSUBSCRIBED