Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Massive FPS problems


zKane's Avatar


zKane
12.16.2011 , 09:36 PM | #1
I've been having massive FPS problems in game, it works fine everywhere, except for inside buildings. I have the recommended specs for the game, yet this is still happening. I set all of my graphics to the lowest possible, and I even go in windowed mode, and it still doesn't work properly.

I reinstalled the game, nothing changed aswell.

Any suggestions?

Wooblez's Avatar


Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 09:38 PM | #2
Having the same issue. Tired of people telling me it's a "CPU issue" when it isn't. The game runs THE EXACT SAME FPS on high settings compared to low for me in the Sith starting area. That shouldn't be happening at all.

That on top of this random crashing that gives me no error, when I waited an hour and a half in Q for my server is going to make me flip a table.

This is beyond frustrating.

zKane's Avatar


zKane
12.16.2011 , 09:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
Having the same issue. Tired of people telling me it's a "CPU issue" when it isn't. The game runs THE EXACT SAME FPS on high settings compared to low for me in the Sith starting area. That shouldn't be happening at all.

That on top of this random crashing that gives me no error, when I waited an hour and a half in Q for my server is going to make me flip a table.

This is beyond frustrating.
My CPU is amazing, its barely touching my CPU, I know this for a fact.

Wooblez's Avatar


Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 09:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by zKane View Post
My CPU is amazing, its barely touching my CPU, I know this for a fact.
Yep, my computer is pretty mediocre.. but if I can run WoW with around 70 FPS in cities.. there's no reason why I should be capped at 15 fps in a starting area of all places. I can see it progressively gets worse when I enter a building as well.

I know for a fact it's not an issue with my "CPU" when people with systems 1000000 times better then mine are experiencing the same issue.

zKane's Avatar


zKane
12.16.2011 , 09:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wooblez View Post
Yep, my computer is pretty mediocre.. but if I can run WoW with around 70 FPS in cities.. there's no reason why I should be capped at 15 fps in a starting area of all places. I can see it progressively gets worse when I enter a building as well.

I know for a fact it's not an issue with my "CPU" when people with systems 1000000 times better then mine are experiencing the same issue.
Yeah, it makes no sense. A friend of mine has no problem playing, meanwhile it's barely playable for me.

arcangelous's Avatar


arcangelous
12.16.2011 , 10:01 PM | #6
I agree. I have a duo core 2.4 ghz CPU. My ram and graphics card is fine. I played wow on high specs back in lich king. Ive been waiting like everyone else for 2 years to play this game. I played beta just fine on low settings. Now its seems my framerate is too low and i lag up in tutorial zones. Id hate to see the imperial fleet or other zones after that. On top of that, the waiting que is rediculus. I have had nothing but fustrations since the start of this early access.
Sith Marauder, IA Operative, BH powerarmor, SI assassin

Aaronnar's Avatar


Aaronnar
12.16.2011 , 10:03 PM | #7
Well above recommended specs here, fully updated, same issues as you.


The major concern of mine is the fact that the graphics preferences dont do *anything* regardless of what they're set on.

arcangelous's Avatar


arcangelous
12.16.2011 , 10:04 PM | #8
All i can is if they do not fix this really soon they will lose alot of potential customers including me. I am not wasting money i dont have on a new cpu.
Sith Marauder, IA Operative, BH powerarmor, SI assassin

Wooblez's Avatar


Wooblez
12.16.2011 , 10:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by arcangelous View Post
All i can is if they do not fix this really soon they will lose alot of potential customers including me. I am not wasting money i dont have on a new cpu.
Yep, it's funny you say this too because their whole objective was to make this game accessible for everyone in terms of CPUs. Right now it seems far from it.

xermus's Avatar


xermus
12.16.2011 , 10:08 PM | #10
its not a Cpu problem this is definantly on their end . dont let people tell you its your video card or some bs. i havent even played because of it. theres no point. i cant even turn around in buildings.