Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Waiting two hours in queue is not acceptable.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Waiting two hours in queue is not acceptable.

Ashes_Arizona
12.16.2011 , 09:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GLaDOScakes View Post
I play the Harbinger and i waited in a 1 hour line and as it was close to finishing i was dissconnected and lost my place in queue and now i have to start my 1 hour wait all over again. It saddens me that bioware would allow **** like this to be happening.
I just don't understand how they didn't understand that they'd already assigned near to server max in regards to the amount of guilds they assigned to it, then decided to leave it open to general registration....and now its a gigantic cluster.

You can't craft, there are 3 people to a crafting node for everything in every instance. You can barely quest as any open world quest that has an interactive element that only one person can interact with at a time has people literally standing in line to do it.

This is pretty much everything about "theme parks" that no one enjoys, all the lines, not much of the fun.

I am literally getting to the point where I may have to refuse to even log out of the game and find a way to not get logged out for inactivity, simply to ensure I can play when I want to play. I logged in at 8:30PM CST, it is now nearly 10:00PM CST, I still have at the very least, another 45 minutes to wait before I can even play. By the time I do get logged in it will be nearly 11:00PM CST and from there its not like that leaves a lot of time to play for normal human beings that have real life responsibilities that require them to keep a certain regular schedule.

Rushmanyyz
12.16.2011 , 09:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by iggiepoo View Post
It's called Dark reaper.

A lot stems from daisy chains and mass rerolling. Servers with massive queues typically have a large immigrant population.
A large immigrant population... Are you for real?

Talk about racist/Jingoist nonsense.

Look, I understand that the Oceanic community rolling in causes issues for queue times. It's not their fault however. But the fact that you view people from other countries as "immigrants" is massively insulting and quite frankly telling. They are Foreigners. Foreigners to YOU. They didn't move to your country, if they had they'd be part of your country and your insinuated comment, that its the people outside of the US that are causing the queue issues, would not be valid.

I suggest you think a bit before posting drivel. While you're at it, think about how that makes your own nationality look from afar. My god man...or Lass...
::::: Nemesis :::::
╠ PvE Sith Oceanic Guild
Teoh Member Website HQ Site

Emeralddragon
12.16.2011 , 09:49 PM | #13
i'm sure they will be getting more servers up. They should have started with the same amount of servers as World of Warcraft. Since that was the largest MMO, they should have been setup according to those types of numbers.

I'm sure over the weekend/early week we will see more servers. they are going to need at least another 20
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

SaltySal
12.16.2011 , 09:50 PM | #14
This truly is a horrible customer experience.

Added worries for me: i missed the window for signing up with my guild (WoW guild, moving to SWTOR en masse) and now the server they've been assigned to is full. Which is true for nearly every West Coast server to boot.

But I think the thread should be renamed: "Waiting in a queue is not acceptable." There's no amount of time in a queue where this is acceptable. Server hardware is cheap.

BillEverson
12.16.2011 , 09:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rushmanyyz View Post
A large immigrant population... Are you for real?

Talk about racist/Jingoist nonsense.

Look, I understand that the Oceanic community rolling in causes issues for queue times. It's not their fault however. But the fact that you view people from other countries as "immigrants" is massively insulting and quite frankly telling. They are Foreigners. Foreigners to YOU. They didn't move to your country, if they had they'd be part of your country and your insinuated comment, that its the people outside of the US that are causing the queue issues, would not be valid.

I suggest you think a bit before posting drivel. While you're at it, think about how that makes your own nationality look from afar. My god man...or Lass...
In this context, "immigrant" refers to a player moving from one SERVER to ANOTHER. Has nothing to do with IRL nationalities, but rather, players "emigrating" from a high pop server to a lower population.

Apothica
12.16.2011 , 09:51 PM | #16
This cant go on

BillEverson
12.16.2011 , 09:52 PM | #17
"Official" ******fest thread, according to one mod who canceled a few others:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=38442&page=10

My "For-the-love-of-God-talk-to-us-Bioware" thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=39080&page=5

MasamuneX
12.16.2011 , 09:52 PM | #18
Well, after getting booted out of the game and recieving a 998 queue time I made it to 400ish in an hour, **** waiting another hour.
Marasume Guardian ( Fountation Stone )

Valcone
12.16.2011 , 09:52 PM | #19
where are our answers to this issue?

FilmmakerSteve
12.16.2011 , 09:52 PM | #20
We're part of Space Slug, and it is all about 30 min to an hour wait times. So this post of intolerance of two hour queues is somewhat making my current wait better...

...except, and it has been said, we're not into launch yet and these are the queues we face.

Hang in there is all I can say! But, in beta I never witnessed a disconnect and lag such as this, and am now encountering so...

...so, it is just an adjustment phase. One I know will become better with time.

Amazing if they are facing the need to make server transfers available even at this time. It is bad for the players, but very good for the company and game, which means a better game in the future for us!
---------------------------------------------------------------