Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Waiting two hours in queue is not acceptable.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Waiting two hours in queue is not acceptable.

Ashes_Arizona
12.16.2011 , 09:35 PM | #1
I have reviewed the Dev Tracker and while there are several posts mentioning new servers there are no posts at all that are acknowledging this major issue.

The servers:

US:
  • The Harbinger
  • Dark Reaper
  • Warriors of the Shadow
  • The Swiftsure

EU:
  • Freedon Nadd

As of tonight all these day 1 servers have greater than 1 hour and 30 minute queue times. And this list is growing daily and is only going to get worse.

I know for a fact that The Harbinger had 145 Phase 3 Deployment guilds assigned to it, it was then left open to the general population, and "unofficially" claimed by the Australian player base, adding thousands of more players to it than planned. The situation may be similar with the other servers on this list.

I should not, and I repeat should not have to go watch a movie when I want to play TOR, this is an unacceptable situation and I cannot just abandon The Harbinger as my entire guild is there....when we can all bother to get on together cause some of us don't have the patience for waiting in queue for two hours simply to be able to play.

There needs to be a resolution to this issue and a developer needs to address it quickly. Deep queue times might give someone at BioWare a certain smug level of satisfaction that they've done well, but one would assume that since you all already know how many boxes you've sold you would not need that level of reinforcement.

Queue times like this are not an acceptable fact of life in this stage of MMO development experience in the industry. Blizzard had this issue at their launch, you are having it before you've even opened the doors to the general public. If my server that my guild is literally locked into starts queuing into > 3 hours after the 20th, things are not going to go well.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that feels like this.

iggiepoo
12.16.2011 , 09:37 PM | #2
It's called Dark reaper.

A lot stems from daisy chains and mass rerolling. Servers with massive queues typically have a large immigrant population.
There are legitimate Chinese players who aren't gold farmers.

Ashes_Arizona
12.16.2011 , 09:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by iggiepoo View Post
It's called Dark reaper.

A lot stems from daisy chains and mass rerolling. Servers with massive queues typically have a large immigrant population.
Sorry mistyped the server name.

I'd prefer it if some that weren't beholden to guilds and what not took the queue as a hint to immigrate elsewhere.

GLaDOScakes
12.16.2011 , 09:40 PM | #4
I play the Harbinger and i waited in a 1 hour line and as it was close to finishing i was dissconnected and lost my place in queue and now i have to start my 1 hour wait all over again. It saddens me that bioware would allow **** like this to be happening.
Im a Light Sith, So What? Dont hate.
Mercy is for the strong of will.
Destruction is for the weak of mind.

neelok
12.16.2011 , 09:43 PM | #5
Ashes- I completely agree. You can add a few other servers to this. Not all of us have open schedules where we can sit in a queue line for an hour. I'm lucky if I get to play for an hour or two at a time. If half that time is sitting a queue line, I'm out.

This is unacceptable. People aren't going to pay this much to sit in a queue line. BW please do something about this. I have many friends asking me "How is it?" because they are on the fence of buying the game. If I can't even get on to let them know, you've already lost customers.

cwatz
12.16.2011 , 09:43 PM | #6
Not to mention when the game completely freezes your computer every 5-10 minutes too.

Its completely unplayable.

Sonaar
12.16.2011 , 09:44 PM | #7
Bump.. This is unacceptable.

Chayneic
12.16.2011 , 09:45 PM | #8
It is horrible that the game is not even released yet and the wait times are this high. They better make some adjustments or the player base will dwindle.

paradoxium
12.16.2011 , 09:45 PM | #9
totally agree. The game isn't even "officially" out yet, and every server is heavy? Please please don't be another WoW launch.

Fierhorn
12.16.2011 , 09:47 PM | #10
I,my guild and allies were all west coast guilds that got assigned to Harbinger and we face the same problem. In fact I have many guild members abandoning us because the super long waits on this server. There is no option for us to move our guild and all toons to another server.
Emperor Fierhorn