Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

server merge?

Infantrymyers
04.05.2012 , 11:43 AM | #1
Just a question for any Dev's watching the forums. is there gonna be a server merge? I've seen rumors flying around and i just wanted to find out for sure, it would help with a lot of servers that are going dead and overpopulating the successful servers.

trueanimus
04.05.2012 , 11:58 AM | #2
im not a dev.. but i can tell you.. it wont happen any time soon..

Bioware is shunting all questions about FPS issues or low population, hoping that people with problems will just leave the game so they dont have to deal with it, as well as hoping that the people that have left because they are waiting on content will return when 1.2 hits... and as i see it right now.. this is a bad combo.

the game is dying simply because bioware doesnt care enough to communicate with the forums they have set up, other than the typical "we dont have a clue" response from the help droids.

Bioware is too into the scene of "we are a new mmo and winning awards" to actually give a crap about 55% of their player base leaving. They are still showing the game and doing interviews based on the first 2 months server population and stats, but since then at least 55% of the population has left.

All i can say is i hope 1.2 fixes the FPS issues and includes server merges.. but so far that is just a rumor.. i mean think about it.. they dont even have a server transfer at this point, char rename service or even a race change option like wow.. and you are talking about merging servers with thousands of accounts and characters... just isnt going to happen anytime soon..

heres to wishful thinking though
Formerly Known as Trueevil of Tarquinas server SWG or Truelydead/trueid/truelock/truedewd/truecan/truelyinsane/truelynsane/trueblu/truebacca of undermine in WoW

Notannos
04.05.2012 , 12:08 PM | #3
Greetings Infantrymyers,

The discussion of server mergers is a popular topic of discussion on the forums. To help us consolidate discussion on this topic, we're going to ask that you join the following thread

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.