Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Targeting with Naga

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

juzztinjg
04.05.2012 , 08:51 AM | #1
Hi,

I found a bug where I use the Naga mouse buttons to tab target, the buttons I use are the ones to left top/side of the mouse. When my cursor happens to be over a quick slot bar the buttons no longer work to tab target the next, or closest enemy.

Has this been reported yet?

Smaois
04.05.2012 , 08:56 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings juzztinjg,

Please use the repair function on the Launcher.

Start the Launcher and click on the cog icon in the bottom left hand corner and then click on 'Repair'.

Please post here if you require further assistance.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

juzztinjg
04.05.2012 , 09:04 AM | #3
Hi,

The Repair option is greyed out. I don't believe it's an issue with repairing SWTOR. This has been a problem since I got the Naga mouse, and I've already reinstalled SWTOR since.

Smaois
04.05.2012 , 09:08 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings juzztinjg,

Please run the FixLauncher.exe file which can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Once this is complete, please try to run the Repair again.

Did this issue occur with your previous mouse? Have you ensured that you have the most up to date driver software for the Naga mouse?

juzztinjg
04.05.2012 , 09:11 AM | #5
Hi,

The issue wouldn't exist w/ my previous mouse because it was not a Naga so the buttons didn't exist. The Additional buttons were mapped in your game via key bindings to target nearest and next enemy.

With that said, once I got the Naga (I have reinstalled since - I didn't just get this mouse) I noticed this problem, but in PvP it's making it very difficult to compete. I believe it's a problem with the game itself.

I did install the Naga drivers, but there are new ones for it.

juzztinjg
04.05.2012 , 09:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by juzztinjg View Post
Hi,

The issue wouldn't exist w/ my previous mouse because it was not a Naga so the buttons didn't exist. The Additional buttons were mapped in your game via key bindings to target nearest and next enemy.

With that said, once I got the Naga (I have reinstalled since - I didn't just get this mouse) I noticed this problem, but in PvP it's making it very difficult to compete. I believe it's a problem with the game itself.

I did install the Naga drivers, but there are new ones for it.
"I did install the Naga drivers, but there are no new ones for it"

Smaois
04.05.2012 , 09:19 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings juzztinjg,

Thank you for your reply.

Were you able to run the repair function after running FixLauncher.exe?

Running the repair will ensue there are no corrupt game files.

If you continue to experience an issue after completing the repair function, please contact the mouse manufacturer directly for further assistance.

juzztinjg
04.05.2012 , 09:20 AM | #8
I updated the launcher, the repair option still was not available but the launcher updated.

My mouse buttons only do not work when my cursor is hovering over a quick slot bar on the interface. It's weird.

The problem still exists.

juzztinjg
04.05.2012 , 09:22 AM | #9
Not sure you can blame the mouse manufacturer? I mean, the buttons work.. they just don't work when hovering over top of your quickbars? Is this seriously something you don't even think you should submit to your development team?

I mean, no offense but I've been in the heart of the game industry for years and what you are saying makes no sense. Please escalate the issue with your development team to see if they can find a problem w/ the mouse hovering and key mappings combination in your game.

Smaois
04.05.2012 , 09:53 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by juzztinjg View Post
I updated the launcher, the repair option still was not available but the launcher updated.

My mouse buttons only do not work when my cursor is hovering over a quick slot bar on the interface. It's weird.

The problem still exists.
Greetings juzztinjg,

Please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it.(Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe to your firewall and anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

Once this is complete, please login to the Launcher and try to run the repair function again.

Should you still be experience an issue once you have run the repair, please submit a ticket to support@swtor.com explaining the issue you are experience and including your MSINFO(details below).

To get your MSINFO:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter into the following window “MSINFO32” and press ENTER
  3. Now you have the “System Information” open
  4. Click on “File” -> “Export” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop) All this information must be saved as .txt file.
Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.