Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

KorinHyvek
05.25.2012 , 09:31 AM | #71
No.

No.

No.

No.

Have I made myself perfectly clear?
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

GarrickBlackSun
05.25.2012 , 09:11 PM | #72
^This a thousand times. :| They won't even make themselves known for several thousand years. Nobody knows they exist. They should not, repeat NOT be a player class in this game, or really even appear in it period. Maybe if they Were to make a NJO MMO or RPG later on, or something much further into the future, but no where near THIS game. Sorry.

Dilv
05.26.2012 , 08:45 PM | #73
I'm sorry OP, but I really hated what they did with the extended universe with the entire Yuuzhan Vong story arc. I read the first book, and then could only bring myself to read the very last book just so I would have an idea of all of the new story they inflicted on us with it. It wasn't so much that they did many obviously irreversable things with characters...it was the way it was all done. The sadistic gratuitous torture described in such vivid detail...well it just wasn't for me. I'm not anti-violence by any means and having the bad guys win is no problem for me. It's just the way they went about carrying the whole idea to fruition in the writing. Way too over the top for me.

So I would really hate seeing the Yuuzhan Vong introduced in any form.

DarthBattra
05.26.2012 , 11:20 PM | #74
I am one of few who enjoyed the EU books so I wouldn't mind seeing a small nest of Yuuzhan Vong in the game BUT WHAT IF it doesn't fly by the fans, using the Nagai? Humanoid species that pop up here and there during regular canon and EU. Can be good or evil or neutral (if they went with the hutt cartel, third party idea). Sure they don't try to invade "our galaxy" til after ROTJ BUT their species is known and the Firefist galaxy is known about! Just a thought.
welcome to Monster Island

Ksolkenny
04.26.2014 , 10:17 AM | #75
They were just declared not canon along with a good chunk of EU(basically names of planets etc) ..so no,they never belonged in Star Wars anyway,they pushed it with making SWTOR too similar to classic SW anyway.

SW_display_name
04.26.2014 , 10:25 AM | #76
Would make a fun FP or storyline chain.

As long as you keep it vague and mysterious without too much conclusive data gathered, it would work perfectly fine lorewise.

Especially since the Vong are probably on the verge of being banished to 'Legends' status, hahaha.

Edit:
WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE NECROING 2 YEAR OLD THREADS TODAY OMG STOP IT stop tricking me into responding

Skodan
04.26.2014 , 11:42 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksolkenny View Post
They were just declared not canon along with a good chunk of EU(basically names of planets etc) ..so no,they never belonged in Star Wars anyway,they pushed it with making SWTOR too similar to classic SW anyway.
imo they are still valid.. they just occur in an alternate universe in my mind. similar to how the new star trek movies contain the same characters the storylines are changed now.

Original universe: Movies/Del Ray books (that were announced to be considered canon)
Expanded(alternate) universe: any content that is not part of the original universe
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

DarthMintCake
04.29.2014 , 06:55 PM | #78
No to the Vong, they have no place in this storyline and are not seen until thousands of years later. The best to create a third faction would be the Hutt Empire at a push. I don't think we should even go down that way either.
Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

Jandi
05.08.2014 , 04:20 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMintCake View Post
No to the Vong, they have no place in this storyline and are not seen until thousands of years later. The best to create a third faction would be the Hutt Empire at a push. I don't think we should even go down that way either.
While I think the Vong as a concept is a horrible idea from the get go, what you said isn't exactly true. The Vong were mentioned in KOTOR 1 by Canderous. Or rather, a coral skipper was.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Kaisernick
05.09.2014 , 12:59 AM | #80
the only way i would like to see this would be a FP, one that perhaps only the imps really find out who they are, that way any record of them being lost makes more scene as it was lost by the defeat of the empire.