Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

osteim
05.14.2012 , 12:34 PM | #61
yes but they were scouting the galaxy for 4000 years.,and were seen in the galaxy. they were planning the invasion for 4000 years so having the vong in this game is not a far out suggestion. why not have a vong spy caught by the republic and your toon has to question him? And for the imperial player your ship is attacked in space by a "mysterious" ship. so it is possable to have the vong in the game. a very short instance or flashpoint but not a whole quest.

DesAnvos
05.14.2012 , 02:57 PM | #62
I'm personally against anything beyond maybe a minor fp like event as if they truly invade it would most likely cleave the timeline as the sith would probably hunt down their living planet and either corrupt it to use it to command them to destroy the republic or barring that just blow it up to attempt to cripple the vong with the shockwave.

Also imperial science is like a whole army of Sinsor Khal's (minus the good looks and force abilty) meaning a cure for there basals (or whatever their control other organics thing is called) would be invented about 3,000 ahead of time and if the cure for the rakghoul diese could survive the destruction of Taris I don't see how such a thing would go away.

Argonloris
05.14.2012 , 11:15 PM | #63
Yuuzhan Vong wouldn't be likely. I could see them doing a few things from the more recent books though. Since the Killiks from the Dark Nest trilogy were part of the Celestials project to contain Abeloth I could see her making an apperance for an expansion. They said she was free before the Fate of the Jedi series. It could lead to some interesting things as well. A flashpoint on Centerpoint station, a space battle in the Maw, crazy new force skills like a modified dodge cd for JK and SW called flow walking.

Smuglebunny
05.16.2012 , 10:29 AM | #64
nah, that comes like 30 years AFTER return of the jedi.

Ive read the posts about scouting and such...nah.

That stretches lore too far. Wait for a post ROTJ MMO for that.

danthescott
05.16.2012 , 09:26 PM | #65
Uh the yuuzhan vong where way after the galatic civil war rember chewbacka dies

Rahak
05.16.2012 , 09:53 PM | #66
I'd rather they just stay out of it.

Hambunctious
05.16.2012 , 10:19 PM | #67
I don't even know what a yuuzhan vong is, and I'm not sure i want to know.

Temeluchus
05.17.2012 , 12:07 PM | #68
I doubt we'll ever see them in this game, they'll just be referenced to.

I mean, given that they are immune to direct usage of the Force, putting them in a FP or Operation excludes bringing Force using classes. Ok, Sorcs and Sages could get around this with indirect Force attacks, but Sins,Shadows,Maras,Sents,Juggs and Guardians would be screwed and have their dps confined to saber attacks.

Having them as a playable species, not only gives the finger to lore, but also creates balancing problems with the Force using classes.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

WDBroome
05.17.2012 , 12:14 PM | #69
To answer the OPs question: about 3,660 years

justsin
05.25.2012 , 07:50 AM | #70
as have probably already been stated the vong are extra galactic. and just because they did not enter into the extended universe until well after old republic era, does not mean they did not exist during this time. and zonama sekot, was a moving planet. again as probably stated. so it is not know when they came to exist. therefor to have a mission, or anything that takes us to this planet would certainly be able to be written into this game. and would be an insanely cool idea. please consider adding them not only as someone we can fight, but also as a race we can use ourselves. they are outside the force and cannot be felt by jedi, or sith. imagine the possibilities.
sincerely,
Jedi Master Angellous
Sith lord VestaraKai