Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

FigeroMentel
04.12.2012 , 04:45 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
You don't forget Yuuzhan Vong.

The most there would be would be a single ship or a small scouting party, you can't stretch lore that much.
If The Federation can just forget about The Borg and The Ferengi in just two hundred years, then The Republic can forget The Vong over thousands. Star Wars isn't the only place where we need to stretch our logic.

I do agree, however, that The Vong need to be kept out of this. I loved them, but they have no place in this timeline.

Laris_Rai
04.12.2012 , 04:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
they lost typon isnt so hard they would loose all records of chiss and vong to.

I figure the Chris deliberately erased the records about them on their way out the door whenever they broke from the Empire. With covert agents slipping in to clean up what was missed later. Then after a few thousand years even the Chiss forgot about what they'd done.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

CaptianFordo
04.12.2012 , 05:17 AM | #23
Now this is where I've had a lot of discussion about them implementing a third faction;

The Yuuzhan Vong; it would turn this into a three-prong war that could lead to a lot of interesting possibilities in my opinion.

Kaisernick
04.12.2012 , 05:23 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
Now this is where I've had a lot of discussion about them implementing a third faction;

The Yuuzhan Vong; it would turn this into a three-prong war that could lead to a lot of interesting possibilities in my opinion.
id deffionatly say so on the third faction they would suit an operation

FigeroMentel
04.12.2012 , 05:26 AM | #25
If they go third faction, it should be mandalorians.

Hutts could make sense too... Obviously you couldn't play a Hutt, but you could play their agents. A massive Vong invasion is just stretching it a bit thin and feels like a cop out to get more subscribers.

InputJack
04.12.2012 , 05:45 AM | #26
Id second the "Hutt" or "Crime Lords" as a third faction.

Im also in the "I hate the Yuuzon Vong" camp. I dont see them as formidable opponents. I see them as Mary-Sue villains.

Anysao
04.12.2012 , 05:55 AM | #27
Honestly, it doesn't make much sense.
BUT it does have potential.
Would if in the corner of the galaxy, the republic has a colony, with no more then miners and a small military outpost.
Then the vong look to expand there regions, so they dominate the planet.
It would be fun for an expansion you are sent there, and it's a new planet. The reason YOU are sent there, is because if they send an army, it could lead to a war (oh gosh.. Imperial vs republic vs yuuzhan vong war?)
The imperial have similiar reasons, because of there spies found info about the republic colony, so you imps get to go aswell.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

MosesMercury
04.12.2012 , 06:02 AM | #28
I'm sure BW can come up with something that is similar to the YV without actually being the YV. They could use the Gormak or something in that line.

But I am rallying for a co-op flashpoint and operation mixing the 2 factions. At the end, you get a choice to betray or not. If you choose to betray, the opposite faction is sent into a seperate instance for a final battle. This would be like a bonus boss. If both factions betray, you both do bonus. If you both are honorable, you battle the boss together. The main loot would be before the bonus boss. So there wouldn't be any hard feelings in the end. A title would be granted at the end of the bonus, depending on your choice.
Silent Council @ The Ebon Hawk
Klaangck Huttslime-Powertech
Putrid Huttslime- Sniper
Discrete- Operative

Adellion
04.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post

That wouldn't happen as that would ruin the canon quite fantastically, when the Yuuzhan Vong were encountered in the New Republic, Jedi had never seen their kind before, and the Jedi are rarely types to not file their information in some random holocron somewhere.

Since they (the Jedi) were so clueless about the Yuuzhan Vong, having the Yuuzhan Vong in the galaxy so early would cause a canon inconsistency ("Why do we not know about the Yuuzhan Vong before when they practically invaded the galaxy in the Cold War 3000 years ago" etc etc)

That being said, I suppose you can get away with 1 stray YV being found in some desolate area in the Unknown Regions that somehow by some freaky extra-galatic transport method, turned up over 3000 years ahead of the rest of his "crew" persay (who ofc, come to terrorise the New Republic), and there's a quick story before he's killed before any authorities of significance realise that this is a new species... That could work. Maybe.
You said you would never let go... you lied.

ErikModi
04.13.2012 , 12:09 PM | #30
I could see a Flashpoint with a small, EXTREMELY advance-force of Yuuzhan Vong. No real interaction beyond killing them and destroying whatever MacGuffin they're working on, perhaps some kind of bio-engine that'll help the invasion force get here faster. Leave the whole thing as a kind of "who was that masked man" deal, something anomalous but easily forgotten in the midst of everything else going on.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.