Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

CorellianWannabe
04.05.2012 , 04:01 AM | #1
I mean there are Chiss in The Old Republic, why not a Yuuzhan invasion that the Republic forgot about?

You think next expansion or the one after?

Mechavomit
04.05.2012 , 04:15 AM | #2
I hate Yuuzhan Vong =(

JWagner
04.05.2012 , 08:04 AM | #3
Weren't the Yuuzhan Vong POST Galactic Civil War?

As in, the New Republic era?
The <Republic Privateers> of Begeren Colony (RP) want you!
Join the largest smuggler fleet in the galaxy today!

Find Out More About The <Republic Privateers>

MasterRoberts
04.05.2012 , 08:20 AM | #4
I wouldnt mind that at all the Vong where hardcore.
Some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them

Angel_of_Cain
04.05.2012 , 09:27 AM | #5
The Yuushan Vong are hinted to be in the galaxy during this time period. In KOTOR I (300ish years ago), a conversaion with Canderous Ordo, he describes going up against something that sounds just like a Vong Coral Skipper. so, you never know.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

DeutschGamer
04.05.2012 , 09:27 AM | #6
You don't forget Yuuzhan Vong.

The most there would be would be a single ship or a small scouting party, you can't stretch lore that much.

Forgon
04.05.2012 , 09:29 AM | #7
Please no. Chiss have a viable explanation, how are the Vong going to be a playable race that make sense and are available to us? Its bad enough they exist, shoehorning them in for certain factions or classes is overkill.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

CorellianWannabe
04.10.2012 , 10:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
Please no. Chiss have a viable explanation, how are the Vong going to be a playable race that make sense and are available to us? Its bad enough they exist, shoehorning them in for certain factions or classes is overkill.
A viable explanation for how the Republic welcomes Chiss into every facet of both Jedi and Special Forces and then forgets all about them? Sorry, I don't buy 'we forgot all about them for thousands of years until an art critic almost crushed the Republic'. Legacy has killed any butt-pull excuse Bioware was trying to use.

As for playable, I never said that-I assumed they would be the Scourge or Burning Legion of an expansion. Perhaps with Force immunity (or at least resistance), leaving it up to the other classes to stop them?

Mongrul
04.10.2012 , 12:04 PM | #9
vong would be better as npc enemies of everybody. they could make a flashpoint to kill a vong scouting party or something
Im the sith juggernaut bish

Eillack
04.10.2012 , 12:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Angel_of_Cain View Post
The Yuushan Vong are hinted to be in the galaxy during this time period. In KOTOR I (300ish years ago), a conversaion with Canderous Ordo, he describes going up against something that sounds just like a Vong Coral Skipper. so, you never know.
This, but overall, the Vong are just starting to scout this galaxy, nothing more. You won't see them until post Ep VI.

And to be honest OP, it would make 0 sense to have them because of my statement above, and then the Republic, etc would clearly remember and always prepare for such a threat.