Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Empire

Datamonger
04.05.2012 , 02:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Blistrich View Post
Both systems are terrible.

The only viable political infrastructure for sustaining true balance in the Star Wars universe would obviously be Westphalian Sovereignty. Each to their own. Wars would be small. Business would boom. Smugglers would rejoice. Freedom would reign.
Yeah.

But then it'd be boring.

undeadsithdread
04.05.2012 , 02:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
OH. And not everyone on Alderaan was a terrorist. And the rebels are not terrorists.
after leveling on Alderaan.

destroying Alderaan was greatest thing the empire did for galaxy that alone redeem them in my eyes.
Sith assassin Forever!

Datamonger
04.05.2012 , 02:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
after leveling on Alderaan.

destroying Alderaan was greatest thing the empire did for galaxy that alone redeem them in my eyes.
This. Their corruption was complete long before the Empire's.

BlazingShadow
04.05.2012 , 03:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by budziolus View Post
Let's talk about why the Empire was better than the Republic:
Republic:
1. All we have in Senate is chaos and corruption, Chancelor is only representant.
2. Forbidden slavery still existed for example on Tattoine (Republic lovers will tell that Tatooine wasn't in Republic's jurisdiction)
3. In Republic we have Jedi Order - a group of arrogant fighters, which interfere in politics and because of their Force think they were above the Senate and can decided for them (for example decision to kill legally elected and supported by majority of Senate leader for his religion, or to take army created for Republic to attack neutral in that time CIS to rescue few Jedi Knights (they didn't know a senator was there because they ordered Anakin to stay with Padme on Tatooine) - all of Jedi decisions was explained as will of the Force.
4. Jedi can steal anything they want - for example Anakin make requisition of speeder on Coruscant.
5. Most businesses was run by big corporations like Trade Federation, which have own army, have corrupt senators and do whatever they want (invasion on Naboo)
6. Republic senatotr which lost theirs influences in Senate like Organa started a terrorist group of Rebels which killed innocent people - for example workers on Death Star II
Empire:
1. Order and peace with strong leader.
2. Slavery was mainly for lower species which can't speak Basic and at least it was taxed (Also there aren't any planet beyond Empire jurisdiction)
3. We have freedom of religion - nobody anymore must believe in Force which controls everything
4. Theft are punished - for example Jawas which stole droids.
5. Empire make things easier for small business - even smuggler like Lando start to run his own legal business on Bespin and it was still profitable to him.
6. I know that many will say now about Alderaan - but it was home of terrorist for 20 years. And about Luke's aunt and uncle it was all just another Kenobi's lie, the truth is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvFjtbskZk
SO you live in North Korea, right?

Remiel
04.05.2012 , 03:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by budziolus View Post
2. Datamonger send link with clerks discussion about rebel terrorism problem. Like them I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here. Also for me group of armed people hidden on some abandoned planets who strikes against legal government and then again go into hiding are terrorists.

3. Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy. And Empire didn't have a chance of removing Alderaan's terrorist by sending there Stormtroopers (it never works well, for example anti terrorist operations in our world)
lol Funnest argument ever! You do realize you contradicted your self, right?

These two lines Specifically:

I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here

Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy.

I don't have to explain that right? (Thousands vs Billions) I mean, "oh no! there were innocent casualties". It's called war friend....

And are the Rebels really terrorist? Think about this: Who were the ones using scare tactics? (Hint: The Empire)
I am posting on this thread, because I am bored...
Squadron 11-11-11 *never forget*

Datamonger
04.05.2012 , 03:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Remiel View Post

I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here

Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy.

I don't have to explain that right? (Thousands vs Billions) I mean, "oh no! there were innocent casualties". It's called war friend....

And are the Rebels really terrorist? Think about this: Who were the ones using scare tactics? (Hint: The Empire)

Meh. Alderaan had it coming. Those weren't scare tactics. That was justice.

TheBentOne
04.05.2012 , 03:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Datamonger View Post
Meh. Alderaan had it coming. Those weren't scare tactics. That was justice.
Alderaan did have it coming, my only regret is that i wasn;'t the one pulling the trigger.

On topic: Yes, the republic was hypocritical and corrupt, yes the jedi were hypocrites who thought they were above the law. still, the republic is approximately a billion times better than any form of the empire to live under.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

budziolus
04.05.2012 , 03:50 PM | #28
Truth depend on point of view. In the films we see galactic civil war from eyes of rebels and Empire is shown as evil. But try to look on this from eyes of Empire's citizen. Armed and dangerous group attack your country's army - they are terrorists. Palpatine and few others maybe were evil but not everyone in Empire was. For example Stormtrooper which set blaster to stun to capture Leia, was killed by her with cold blood. He was only doing his duty, he was serving his country, he doesn't want to kill her only to capture her, yet she kill him (she knows that she couldn't escape or kill whole Star Destroyer so what the point of killing just one another Stormtrooper and maybe she killed someone's husband or father).

Datamonger
04.05.2012 , 03:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
On topic: Yes, the republic was hypocritical and corrupt, yes the jedi were hypocrites who thought they were above the law. still, the republic is approximately a billion times better than any form of the empire to live under.
Well, if you put it in those terms. I was merely speculating from "guy watching a movie" point of view.

To actually live under the Empire's rule... Holy hell! I wouldn't last a day! I mean after all the RL Nazis were part of GL's inspiration for the Empire.

budziolus
04.05.2012 , 03:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Remiel View Post

The points is that rebels weren't so innocent like everyone thinks. Empire kills innocent people but the rebels do the same. And from the point of citizen of Empire rebel were the terrorist here because they were fighting with legal government.