Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Empire

Malles
04.05.2012 , 11:40 AM | #11
YOUNG MAN.

I'm your new NCO!

I SAID, YOUNG MAN!

Let's get ready to go!

It's called conscription!

But I'm sure that you'll find,

Many ways! To! Have! A! Good time!

It's great to be in the EEEEMMMPIIIIIIIIRE TODAY!
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Malles
04.05.2012 , 11:46 AM | #12
Seriously, though, the only thing the Empire really has over the Republic is that a totalitarian government doesn't really leave much room for discussion. So, if anything, with an Emperor who only uses the Dark Council for advise and glorified go-fers, we're more efficient than a democracy comprised of thousands of senators with their own planet's interests in mind.

Don't debate that last bit, either. They weren't elected to lead the Republic, they were elected because the people wanted to make sure the Republic didn't screw them over. In the Empire, such concerns are meant with a politely worded, "Screw you."
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

sambeta
04.05.2012 , 12:57 PM | #13
One thing the imperial senate was wiped out and replaced with the ruling Moffs. After that there was no debate, no democracy.

GreySix
04.05.2012 , 01:06 PM | #14
Well, for those who read EU, the YV wouldn't have stepped a claw into the galaxy had Palpatine still been in power. While there is much to dislike about what the Empire did and how they did it, they did maintain order and relative stability.

IMO, the biggest mistake the Emperor made was in dissolving the Imperial Senate in favor of the Tarkin Doctrine. With its dissolution went the final illusion of control by anyone but the Emperor, and then the Rellel Alliance was only strengthened by the short-sighted destruction of Alderaan.

budziolus
04.05.2012 , 02:00 PM | #15
1. About slavery of lower species in Empire: monkeys, especially chimpanzees are pretty intelligent, we can already learn them much for example pushing buttons etc., they also have feelings, they sometimes happy and sometimes sad but is this means we have to give them civil rights? People instead of that locked them in cages i zoo and pay to watch them, isn't this slavery?

2. Datamonger send link with clerks discussion about rebel terrorism problem. Like them I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here. Also for me group of armed people hidden on some abandoned planets who strikes against legal government and then again go into hiding are terrorists.

3. Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy. And Empire didn't have a chance of removing Alderaan's terrorist by sending there Stormtroopers (it never works well, for example anti terrorist operations in our world)

Koronii
04.05.2012 , 02:08 PM | #16
If the billions of innocents on Alderaan were nothing compared to the galaxy, then why do the people on the Death Star matter?

sambeta
04.05.2012 , 02:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by budziolus View Post
1. About slavery of lower species in Empire: monkeys, especially chimpanzees are pretty intelligent, we can already learn them much for example pushing buttons etc., they also have feelings, they sometimes happy and sometimes sad but is this means we have to give them civil rights? People instead of that locked them in cages i zoo and pay to watch them, isn't this slavery?

2. Datamonger send link with clerks discussion about rebel terrorism problem. Like them I agree that if they kill thousands of innocent workers on Death Star II at the battle of Endor something is not right here. Also for me group of armed people hidden on some abandoned planets who strikes against legal government and then again go into hiding are terrorists.

3. Destroying Alderaan was necessary evil - the billions on planet was nothing to population of galaxy. And Empire didn't have a chance of removing Alderaan's terrorist by sending there Stormtroopers (it never works well, for example anti terrorist operations in our world)

1. The alien species are sentient and have intelligence. Just because they don't speak basic doesn't mean they're not intelligent. They're not animals which chimps are.

3. Then ends don't justify the means. You're blinded by a very odd logic that only dictators use to justify atrocities.

AlienEyeTX
04.05.2012 , 02:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
And the rebels are not terrorists.
As a matter of fact, they are. Remember; a great number of the truths that we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view...
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Datamonger
04.05.2012 , 02:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
As a matter of fact, they are. Remember; a great number of the truths that we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view...
"Words of wisdom, Lloyd. Words... of... wisdom..."
-Jack Torrance, The Shining

Blistrich
04.05.2012 , 02:35 PM | #20
Both systems are terrible.

The only viable political infrastructure for sustaining true balance in the Star Wars universe would obviously be Westphalian Sovereignty. Each to their own. Wars would be small. Business would boom. Smugglers would rejoice. Freedom would reign.