Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black screen after I press play then nothing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Black screen after I press play then nothing

ipingthepong
12.16.2011 , 09:21 PM | #1
I am having trouble getting into the game. When i click login and finally get to the play button, the screen goes black for about a second, then i find myself back at my desktop. The game doesn't show up in the task manager after either.

I was just wondering what this means and how I could possibly fix it?

franpisco
12.16.2011 , 09:26 PM | #2
Same Problem but when I press play I can log in, but immediately after the loading screen I cannot view any of the game, only the user interface (Mini map, actionbar, etc.) I have tried updating all of the drivers. I can create a character and go through the five steps but I cannot actually view what my character looks like. I entered the starting place as an imperial agent and can walk around Hutta but cannot see anything visibly. I think I made my point clear.
:rod_mad

ipingthepong
12.17.2011 , 08:49 PM | #3
Still having this problem. How many people have fixed the problem and how many people still have it? if you did fix it, what did you do?

itsbillyG
12.17.2011 , 10:18 PM | #4
i now have this problem as well i can't move either. i can bring up map and see myself spinning around but im stuck in place. exited the game and it didnt fix the issue.

JediMasterBen
12.17.2011 , 10:31 PM | #5
I have the exact problems have emailed bioware support and only response they will give is say that they can confirm that I have been invited for early access enjoy yourself.

They didn't even comment on the problem I'm having I even attached my logs dxdiag as they asked.

Please if you have a clue how to fix let us know!!

217201155 INFO ManifestState=Dependency: retailclient_swtor, current=16/upcoming=-1/required=16
20111217201155 INFO ManifestState=GetManifest: assets_swtor_en_us, current=-1/upcoming=-1/required=16
20111217201155 INFO Manifest Loaded: assets_swtor_en_us, current=16/upcoming=-1/required=16
20111217201155 INFO ManifestState=Complete: assets_swtor_en_us, current=16/upcoming=-1/required=16
20111217201155 INFO ManifestState=Complete: retailclient_swtor, current=16/upcoming=-1/required=16
20111217201155 INFO Patch completed normally
20111217201155 INFO Patching end
20111217201201 INFO User pressed Play.
20111217201202 INFO Game successfully launched: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
20111217201202 INFO Closed launcher

RLASMF
12.17.2011 , 10:33 PM | #6
same problem here. this is what is happening to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7owob7b4Yiw

ipingthepong
12.17.2011 , 10:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RLASMF View Post
same problem here. this is what is happening to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7owob7b4Yiw
yea this is pretty much what happens to me. The only difference is you are in windowed mode and i am in fullscreen mode so for me it goes to a black screen instead of a window.

But either way I can't even get to a server list, and i have yet to see the beginning cinematic either.

I understand that a game is going to have some weird things going on when it first comes out, and that is why I am not completely pissed off right now. But the thing is that the issue hasn't even been addressed yet. Nobody has even said, "We are sorry you are having this issue and are doing our best to solve the problem as fast as we can."

Really this is getting to be ridiculous, especially since this is a fairly common issue from what I have seen and a lot of people are experiencing the same thing as me.

RLASMF
12.17.2011 , 10:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ipingthepong View Post
yea this is pretty much what happens to me. The only difference is you are in windowed mode and i am in fullscreen mode so for me it goes to a black screen instead of a window.

But either way I can't even get to a server list, and i have yet to see the beginning cinematic either.

I understand that a game is going to have some weird things going on when it first comes out, and that is why I am not completely pissed off right now. But the thing is that the issue hasn't even been addressed yet. Nobody has even said, "We are sorry you are having this issue and are doing our best to solve the problem as fast as we can."

Really this is getting to be ridiculous, especially since this is a fairly common issue from what I have seen and a lot of people are experiencing the same thing as me.
That is not me. I just found it on youtube to see if anyone else had that problem. I agree with you this is my first time ever playing star wars and so far im am not happy at all the service. Looks like I am going to play wow till this gets fixed.

ipingthepong
12.17.2011 , 10:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RLASMF View Post
That is not me. I just found it on youtube to see if anyone else had that problem. I agree with you this is my first time ever playing star wars and so far im am not happy at all the service. Looks like I am going to play wow till this gets fixed.
O ok. Yea it's just crazy that they are not even trying to assure us they are doing everything they can to help. I know they are obviously working very hard (I am not one of those idiots that thinks companies just try to screw their members for no reason), it just seems like they are doing an awful job so far. I want to know that this problem will be looked at because if not then I don't want to waste my time worrying about it and looking for a fix that might not ever be found.

ipingthepong
12.19.2011 , 02:52 PM | #10
Still having this problem. I really really really hope this is fixed in maintenance tonight.