Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Battlefront 3 Video (It's new I promise)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
New Battlefront 3 Video (It's new I promise)

sambeta
04.05.2012 , 06:30 PM | #21
The last thing I want is for the Dev to get pressured into releasing it early and it being rubbish because of that. Let it take as long as it takes to get it right.

Tuscad
04.05.2012 , 06:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sambeta View Post
The last thing I want is for the Dev to get pressured into releasing it early and it being rubbish because of that. Let it take as long as it takes to get it right.
While I agree with you, I am also afraid of them taking too long that it become a piece of crap like Duke Nukem Forever. Releasing it too early = fixable by DLC
Taking too long to release it = Not recoverable.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Aximand
04.05.2012 , 07:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
While I agree with you, I am also afraid of them taking too long that it become a piece of crap like Duke Nukem Forever. Releasing it too early = fixable by DLC
One thing that needs to be considered is that the current Console cycle has got to be coming to an end, the 360, PS3 and Wii are getting really out of date in their technology, so the game is either going to have to be made for PC originally or wait until the next console cycle comes around.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Tuscad
04.05.2012 , 07:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
One thing that needs to be considered is that the current Console cycle has got to be coming to an end, the 360, PS3 and Wii are getting really out of date in their technology, so the game is either going to have to be made for PC originally or wait until the next console cycle comes around.
One game company lead said that the 360 has the potential for at least 3 more years, I forgot who. Current rumors are circulating that Project Durango (new xbox) and Playstation Orbis will be released sometime next year and the Wii U has been said to only be capable of reaching Xbox 360/Playstation 3 level on graphics by various sources.

It is also rumored that a few companies are already making games for these new systems and have some prototypes of these yet to be released systems to do so.

Everything I have said is just rumor though and in my personal opinion I think now would be a bad time to release new consoles as the economic situation is still bad for quite a few people and this means that they won't buy these new systems.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Aximand
04.05.2012 , 07:14 PM | #25
One game company lead said that the 360 has the potential for at least 3 more years, I forgot who. Current rumors are circulating that Project Durango (new xbox) and Playstation Orbis will be released sometime next year and the Wii U has been said to only be capable of reaching Xbox 360/Playstation 3 level on graphics by various sources.

It is also rumored that a few companies are already making games for these new systems and have some prototypes of these yet to be released systems to do so.

Everything I have said is just rumor though and in my personal opinion I think now would be a bad time to release new consoles as the economic situation is still bad for quite a few people and this means that they won't buy these new systems.
The 360 was released in 2005 (if I'm remembering correctly). That's seven years, a really good run for a video game console but compared to PCs their hardware is medieval, I highly doubt there's enough juice in them to keep up for another three years.

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft and Sony are already prototyping new systems, hell they probably started thinking about them five years ago.

sambeta
04.05.2012 , 07:19 PM | #26
Mmm very true, although it'd be a shame if they released it in an unfinished state and forced us to pay for DLC that made the game complete.

I don't mind waiting a little longer.

Tuscad
04.05.2012 , 07:20 PM | #27
The 360 was released in 2005 (if I'm remembering correctly). That's seven years, a really good run for a video game console but compared to PCs their hardware is medieval, I highly doubt there's enough juice in them to keep up for another three years.

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft and Sony are already prototyping new systems, hell they probably started thinking about them five years ago.
You are correct, I think it was November 1st or 5th, but I know the 360 was released November of 2005. It is outdated compared to PC hardware, I agree. I am hoping that the current console last for at least another 2 years.

Lol, yeah, Microsoft and Sony were probably thinking about this when the made the first Xbox and Playstation.

I just hope that for the love of god that they don't close the servers for the game if it is released on the 360.

Edit: @ Sambeta: I agree completely, that would suck to pay for DLC to have a complete game and I would definitely break out into tears if this game ended up being bad and deadpanned.

Darth_Eminok
04.05.2012 , 07:21 PM | #28
Mhmmmhmmm.

I truly can't wait.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

Aximand
04.05.2012 , 07:24 PM | #29
You are correct, I think it was November 1st or 5th, but I know the 360 was released November of 2005. It is outdated compared to PC hardware, I agree. I am hoping that the current console last for at least another 2 years.

Lol, yeah, Microsoft and Sony were probably thinking about this when the made the first Xbox and Playstation.

I just hope that for the love of god that they don't close the servers for the game if it is released on the 360.
I hope that Sony brings back backwards compatibility so my PS1/2 library is useful again, I'm not sure my PS2 even works anymore and that was one huge reason I didn't get a PS3.

But yea, hardware that was released six months ago is completely obsolete now, the 360, PS3 and Wii are pretty much ancient as far as our tech goes. If they don't replace them soon they're going to start losing out to more PC oriented games again, which I think would be amazing because I love PC gaming.

Tuscad
04.05.2012 , 07:34 PM | #30
I hope that Sony brings back backwards compatibility so my PS1/2 library is useful again, I'm not sure my PS2 even works anymore and that was one huge reason I didn't get a PS3.

But yea, hardware that was released six months ago is completely obsolete now, the 360, PS3 and Wii are pretty much ancient as far as our tech goes. If they don't replace them soon they're going to start losing out to more PC oriented games again, which I think would be amazing because I love PC gaming.
I won't get either of the new systems if they are the current way they are rumored to be and they would lose out to PC systems because of their business practices regarding the new systems.

The current rumor is that both the new Xbox and Playstation Orbis have an anti-used game system in place; this means that you can't rent, let someone borrow, sell or return your game disc. It is unknown how the new Xbox will do it but the Orbis is rumored to have the disc's serial number lock to your hard drive. I take this to mean that if your console craps out you will have to buy all of your games again, screw that.

I haven't heard any rumors regarding backwards compatability though.