Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Join us in our next Weekend Pass

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Join us in our next Weekend Pass
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VyperStars
04.06.2012 , 02:43 PM | #21
Yeah because 100 percent of free trials apparently subscribe and not just play for 4 days.

I would of been please with "free trials" somewhere after transfers for the oceanic.

But technically the game has only been out in Australia for a month and they are already doing free trials. This does not scream good marketing... This screams help...

This is why some people are skeptical of said "free" weekends.

Duhakalock
04.06.2012 , 03:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by VyperStars View Post
Yeah because 100 percent of free trials apparently subscribe and not just play for 4 days.

I would of been please with "free trials" somewhere after transfers for the oceanic.

But technically the game has only been out in Australia for a month and they are already doing free trials. This does not scream good marketing... This screams help...

This is why some people are skeptical of said "free" weekends.
Why would they limit free trials by region, when everyone can log into the same servers?
again, another twist of words.

Saromus
04.06.2012 , 05:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonWendling View Post
Figure out some way to give those of who ACTUALLY PAY for the game a way to bypass the login queues.

You have 30 days to figure this mess out, then I am cancelling.
If that is the only reason for you cancelling your subscription, then you are just the biggest QQ'er I have ever seen lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zephyrnth View Post
Might be a good idea to fix the game lag, fps, and disconnection (9000) issues current paying players with brand new top of the line desktops are facing before you invite another gabillion people to play on an already defunct server!
Really? You experience all that with a high quality pc? I run the game on a ****** XPS desktop that I've had since 2005/2006 and I rarely, if at all, experience any of these problems. The only problem I have ever had was disconnection. But that is more of an issue on my end (the user end) than on the server's end.

AdamHDMI
04.07.2012 , 08:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BuffMePlz View Post
Great another queue for The Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Indeed...
The Legendary Orange Pixel

Jettanna
04.08.2012 , 10:38 AM | #25
I joined up after the last free pass. I am really enjoying the game and think it's great to give people a chance to play, even if they may not know someone already playing.

As for fixing what's broken first, well I also play the sims3 and this is linked to EA, and they never seem to fix sims either. I just play as best I can, and thankfully what errors I do find are not enough to take away my enjoyment all together. Too bad there wont be any mods available from 3rd parties that can fix this game like there are with the Sims.

ferroz
04.08.2012 , 06:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Icysunx View Post
Pretty soon every weekend will be a free pass!
so... are you saying that the weekdays might be a pass too?

VyperStars
04.08.2012 , 06:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jettanna View Post
I joined up after the last free pass. I am really enjoying the game and think it's great to give people a chance to play, even if they may not know someone already playing.

As for fixing what's broken first, well I also play the sims3 and this is linked to EA, and they never seem to fix sims either. I just play as best I can, and thankfully what errors I do find are not enough to take away my enjoyment all together. Too bad there wont be any mods available from 3rd parties that can fix this game like there are with the Sims.
Sims 3... Is not a MMORPG.. Horrible example..

Ubidokadoobie
04.09.2012 , 04:06 AM | #28
hey what this i hear about people getting banned for farming chest?? Thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard in my life if they dont want it like that put lvl caps on chest don't ban paying customers are they mad???

Orth
04.10.2012 , 05:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Duhakalock View Post
You people think they are desperate? Are you being serious?

Every single mmo does a free trial, like the person said a Couple posts up, you people will twist anything to make the game look bad. Grow up, a free trial costs them NOTHING and only encourages people to buy the game.

Doom sayer1: "game is dying!!!!"
Doom sayer2: "free trials and more players, game is dying!!!"

I seriously hate this community.
I agree I rarely ever read the forums because its full of lousy community. I personally have no issues with the game. I have fun the population does not seam low to me and I never have a hard time getting into groups to do anything.

Those who want to jump ship for GW2 seeya if its anything like the first you will be back. and to all our WOW complainers, quit complaining and go back to WOW.

All I see when I read these forums is complaining and more complaining nothing positive. Bioware is doing a good Job you can focus on where this "new" game is lacking and forget that it will be updated and changed, or you can focus on the good and fun aspects of it.

Now let me see if I can predict it from this community? Here comes the flames this is fine as I probable wont be back on the forums for some time since I will be in game.

For those of us who enjoy the game see ya in a Galaxy far far away!