Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Join us in our next Weekend Pass

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Join us in our next Weekend Pass
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pogmahone
04.05.2012 , 07:54 AM | #11
Yes, invite people that don't pay for the game to come play while people who pay have to sit in a Que because all the weekenders are there.

Smart move....

BIG_M
04.05.2012 , 08:42 AM | #12
surprised nobody else picked up the typo in the first sentence im sure you guys can work it out
Harbinger Midian
Arach Allrianne
Krezlarz
Tarhi

Icysunx
04.05.2012 , 09:53 AM | #13
I feel like until we can invite 600 new players per person rather than the 25 friends, it is going to be hard or impossible to get all my friends to play.

Mallorik
04.05.2012 , 11:10 AM | #14
I cant believe they are doing these weekend passes before 1.2 comes out. Obviously bad decisions like this do not keep my hopes high for the future of this game.

Aldan
04.05.2012 , 11:35 AM | #15
Starting to smell of desperation... give it a rest whilst you implement 1.2 and sort out server populations. Don't be that company that is always focusing on new business and not retaining it's existing client base!
Might officialy join The Dember Crew... later... or whatever

augustgrace
04.05.2012 , 04:46 PM | #16
This doesn't feel like an attempt to gain new subscribers so much as a way to put bodies on the servers, to keep current subs from jumping ship.

Whatever their motivation I don't mind the free weekends if they bring in new people, but at some point the free time given to non-subs is going to feel like a slap in the face to the people actually paying them. Bioware themselves have stated that 1.2 will put the game were it should have been at launch, meaning that we've been paying full price for a game they consider incomplete. While I'm happy with the game at the moment, I do feel that Bioware seems unfocused and unsure how to deal with issues as they come up.

Zephyrnth
04.05.2012 , 06:26 PM | #17
Might be a good idea to fix the game lag, fps, and disconnection (9000) issues current paying players with brand new top of the line desktops are facing before you invite another gabillion people to play on an already defunct server!

UltimateKrucible
04.06.2012 , 07:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by augustgrace View Post
This doesn't feel like an attempt to gain new subscribers so much as a way to put bodies on the servers, to keep current subs from jumping ship.
Yeah, because having lots of people on the starter planets helps us all get get groups for flashpoints or WZ to pop.

/facepalm.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people who play SWTOR will twist any piece of news - literally any - to make the game look bad.

Perhaps its because the other two landed them a bunch of new subs? The pop on my server (Starstorm One) does seem to have grown in the last few weeks.

I for one welcome our newbie brethern, and would be dropping into Tython to say hello if I wasn't scheduled to be working this weekend.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

SveNnes
04.06.2012 , 09:49 AM | #19
Bioware keep on amazing me beyond what i ever thought possible... Thank god i wont pay another month for this, i feel like a dairy cow, just that they're milking money. Wurm Online until D3 and GW2 for me...

Duhakalock
04.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #20
You people think they are desperate? Are you being serious?

Every single mmo does a free trial, like the person said a Couple posts up, you people will twist anything to make the game look bad. Grow up, a free trial costs them NOTHING and only encourages people to buy the game.

Doom sayer1: "game is dying!!!!"
Doom sayer2: "free trials and more players, game is dying!!!"

I seriously hate this community.