Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reinstall Frustrations

blazefighter
12.16.2011 , 09:13 PM | #1
So, my launcher wasn't coming up - even though it was in my task list (hmm, BW might need to consider doing something about this given the number of posts on the topic...)

So, tried everything .. including a full reinstall. I saved all the assets, movies, etc, just not the main files, hoping that i wouldn't have to go through a full download again. Well, even though the assets and movies are back in the directory, stupid thing is going through and downloading them all again anyway.

Does anyone know how to make the launcher "see" that the assets and movies are already there? I'd really rather not wait another 6-7 hours for it to download everything again.

Thanks!

Liquidmadness
12.16.2011 , 09:14 PM | #2
I'm having the same problem. I'm on my third full download.

blazefighter
12.16.2011 , 09:17 PM | #3
Its too bad that the devs don't just post the files that tell the launcher that the assets and movies are there ... i'm assuming it's the swtor_assets_main.version file or something like that....

blazefighter
12.16.2011 , 09:27 PM | #4
/bump

graphexTwin
12.16.2011 , 09:53 PM | #5
on my 3rd download of 11GB too. i have the files, it has an error then gives me a button to 'repair' then happily starts downloading 11GB again. would be nice to archive the download and apply it.