Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

View Poll Results: Which Star Wars fantasy excites you the most?
Full 3D space battles 1,405 46.54%
Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs) 323 10.70%
Pod/speeder racing 444 14.71%
Capital ship battles 847 28.06%
Voters: 3019. You may not vote on this poll

JeramieCrowe
04.08.2012 , 11:11 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Taixads View Post
EDIT: Also, pazaak. You already have Pazaak Cantina, how hard is it to translate that into the game??
Uhh, because most of us that have been asking for pazaak for the last few years have been wanting it to be single- and multi-player in the cantina.

That's obviously not just "cut'n'paste"...
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

quantumsheep
04.08.2012 , 11:17 AM | #502
I'd LOVE a combination of 1 and 4 - Full 3D space battles, *including* capital ship battles.

Imagine if you would:

Two guilds. One republic, one imperial.

Space. It's big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is... but anyway. Let's say you have a space war zone, with three capture points.

Nebula.
Moon.
Asteroid field.

Each guild has a set number of points to attribute to different vessels that have different point values.

So let's say 100 points.

Command ship - 0 points.
Star Destroyer - 40 points.
Cruiser - 15 points.
Frigate - 10 points.
Bombers - 5 points.
Fighters - 3 points.

You could then make up your fleet with any combination of the above as long as they come in at 100 points or under.

So you could, theoretically, have dozens of fighters and one frigate. Or two star destroyers, a frigate and two fighters.

The idea is that you experiment with different load outs and see what works for you and your group

Each ship is controlled by one person.

The command ship is your 'base', so you get one of those (with one person designated the commander). It is the only ship capable of taking a capture point.

The commander sees the map as an RTS - and directs other vessels much like in an RTS. Highlight some fighters or a frigate. Click on what to destroy.

All pilots would get updates on their radar as to their objectives as dictated by the commander.

Support vessels could have their own toolbar. They could have skills e.g.

'Medical Frigate' - keeps the shield up of other ships - think of a 'healer' class.
'Shields up' - keeps damage away from other ships - think of a 'tank' class.
'It's a trap' - Allow other ships to warp straight to your location, reinforcing you immediately.
'Wall of fire' - Fires all defence turrets at once in one direction.

etc etc

Fighters/bombers would try and take down the support vessels. Fighters are weak though, and if destroyed, they respawn at any larger ship's hangar bays and launch from there.

Objective would be to destroy the enemy command ship or control as many of the capture points as possible. Think of the current 'Civil War' on Alderaan. Use your command ship to take capture point, move onto the next.

I mean, I could go on and on. But I just LOVE the idea of flying in a tiny fighter past huge capitol ships controlled by my friends while defending them by shooting down the enemy. THAT'S my fantasy!

C'mon. It'd be awesome

QS
The Progenitor
Hicks /Soir/Quantumsheep/Gradius/Huddson/Galaga
What I DO

corbanite
04.08.2012 , 11:40 AM | #503
something like X-WIng/tie fighter would be awesome.

Omicronmd
04.08.2012 , 01:16 PM | #504
I choose true 3d space battles in which I controll all the axis and where I go. That is logically the best choice out of the 4 as it could also include large capital ships for Guild/Party missions.

magryd
04.08.2012 , 03:49 PM | #505
The possibilities with space in this game is endless. For me, the perfect game would be the combination of superb ground/planet gaming with the expansive space included.

No need for the complexity of a fully formed simulator. JTL complexity or close to would be splendid.

This in the form of

-Space questing.
-Space gathering.
-Space travel/ manually fly and Hyperjump for those that wants fast travel.
-Space battles in the open space and battlegrounds(similiar to ground setup)
-And ofcourse, the dream of Faction vs faction in designated areas.
Guild Capitals could be flown to these areas to take part in the battles for respective faction. Boarding of guild capitals with ground fighting inside them.

- If this could be implemented. No game would come close to rival SWTOR. Atm I feel this game is to close to other games. Which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. It needs an extra dimension, story and voice is fine but it is not that important for the long run.
Some will definitely like the current implementation of space combat. Like this little fellow..
--- > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US75H_1faLQ
Proud Supporter of OPEN World PVP

Evgen
04.08.2012 , 06:06 PM | #506
I think you should have made it a "Check all that you are interested in" poll in stead of choose one.

But I chose vehicle combat.
I'd liek to see that kind of thing pop up in the PVE content.
Fighting on a speeder a la Return of the Jedi
Being able to ride tauntaun, dewbacks, walkers for certain missions.

That being said, I'm interested in all of the above. Full 3d space combat seems more like a game in itself.

Innocences
04.08.2012 , 08:27 PM | #507
Oh man, I would love to see full blown 3-D space battles. I was a huge BSG online fan, until they ruined it, but SWTOR space graphics blows it out of the water. If BW can do it right, mash BSG and SWTOR together, they would would make a killing on a space combat game people have been wanting. I used to run a 300+ wing, and the market is ripe for a good retail version of space combat. So many others fall short. Eve online has too much risk and grind involved, and BSG has great PvP, but it's just a cash cow for Big Point. No new content after a year and only more pay for items, not to mention your gear will be replaced with something better in a month. People are so pissed with BSG, that they will come in groves. lol Can't wait to see what BW does. BSG had such potential to be epic space combat, but they were greedy and lazy. I hope they research a little and see what works and what don't. Oh the potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMjFrUr5zIU

Knockerz
04.08.2012 , 08:32 PM | #508
I pick space battles, but it would also depend how long it would take to develop, test, and implement said feature. If pod racing can be done let's say by patch 1.3 vs space battles in a year I would rather have pod racing be developed first.

CitizenSith
04.08.2012 , 10:01 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Magic-Sword View Post
the funny thing is- i like the space system currently in place- the cinematic railed space battles are awesome- and a tad more realistic (military space operations would have predetermined flight paths after all, mostly)....
I'd just like to disagree on this point. There would not be predetermined flight paths when dog fighting. Also, you wouldn't have so many enemy fighters choosing to fly ahead of you prior to attacking you.

Having stated that, the space game is okay. I was a fan of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series as well as JTL, although I'm a bigger fan of Rebellion and Capital ship class combat. YMMV.
EGA: Tuesday, 13DEC11 <- I was there! Shadowlands Server: Horror Legacy
Sith Empire: Cthuhlu (DS SI), Hastur (DS SW), Gentleman (LS SW), Palpatyne (DS SI), Imperial (IA), Gorynych (LS SI)
Republic: Simulacrum (LS Tr), Akumashibaru (LS JK)

Delekahn
04.09.2012 , 12:28 AM | #510
My fantasy involved my Sentinel using two purple lightsabers from the start if not very early in his career. So, in that case, it has not been fulfilled. Please fix this Sir James!

As far as the four choices, I would like a fully fleshed out space game in addition to the missions we currently have.