Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

View Poll Results: Which Star Wars fantasy excites you the most?
Full 3D space battles 1,405 46.54%
Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs) 323 10.70%
Pod/speeder racing 444 14.71%
Capital ship battles 847 28.06%
Voters: 3019. You may not vote on this poll

Coldin
04.04.2012 , 02:06 PM | #21
I'd go with pod-racing. So much combat in the game already. Something a bit more light-hearted, and different would be nice to get away from the typical stuff.

Captain-R
04.04.2012 , 02:06 PM | #22
You guys planning on the next big update? anyway It's really hard but I voted for Captital Ships battle that battle at the end of Episode 6 is very cool. If you are talking about an additon to the game I would like too see pod racing as well
Hello There! I play at Tomb of Freedon Nadd and my Legacy, Qualdrom has every singel class at 30+ multiple in the 50-55 range

ZeroMark
04.04.2012 , 02:07 PM | #23
Oh oh also. I know it's not one of the options, but decent looking gear for the Jedi Consular. If I see another stupid bloody hat....
www.gaminglives.com

- Do or do not! There is no try. -

AuckaLukaum
04.04.2012 , 02:07 PM | #24
Of those choices, 3d space battles for sure. It doesn't even have to be on the same level of simulation as SWG. Mechanics similar to Battlefront II would be an improvement, and allow PvP as well.

mithriltabby
04.04.2012 , 02:08 PM | #25
It could be very Star Wars to have a flashpoint where some heroes board a capital ship and run around wreaking havoc inside and having the result matter for the ship combatants outside, but itís a lot harder to get the timing for that right. Hmmm... the pilots would battle waves of fighters until the melee heroes can drop the shields, then the heroes go after the power supplies to the turbolasers...

StephenReid
04.04.2012 , 02:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Merex View Post
A dungeon/heroic mission finder. So...none of those four.
A feature that's in active development for a future Game Update.

'None of the above' isn't an option on the poll, as you may have noticed. Please keep your feedback restricted to the question and options above.

I know it's a tough choice.

Rzacron
04.04.2012 , 02:09 PM | #27
Also, this is all cool and all, but lets say we did have space battles, maybe with other players... are we all gonna have the same ships still or can we actually get some damn customisation and immersion?
Kill or be Killed

White_Silhouette
04.04.2012 , 02:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rzacron View Post
They're all ok, "Swoop" Racing would be awesome and lend some cred back to Bioware and bring back the KotOR feel, But Its all fly-poo compared to the real issues at hand. Server Transfers, ugly Armor and PVP.
Agreed. Even if it was just a leader board or something to start off since it was all time trial in Kotor anyways.
"Not all pain is gain."

CornTheHolio
04.04.2012 , 02:10 PM | #29
I would love something similar too space combat in Battlefront II, only on a grander scale. Some having objectives to cripple/defend the ships, with others fighting out in space. Vehicle combat would be awesome as well. Not really that interested in racing, tough I would try it if it was implemented.

Caspian_Rho
04.04.2012 , 02:11 PM | #30
My fantasy is to have an open ended actual Star Wars MMO. That doesn't poo all over the lore or the license. One that doesn't use story to negate or neglect proper MMO elements or communal gameplay. One that leaves the single player game mechanics to... you guessed, single player games.

There is a danger in trying to lure people in with familiar cliches, with stereotypyical trite dialogue, designs (from clothes to quests) et al. Comparing The 'proper' Old Republic to BWs I don't see any logical progression or any familiarity... ironically TOR feels more like a Clone Wars Prelude than a predecessor to The Golden Age of The Sith.

But if we were to keep my fantasy simple for now. I'd like to see in-game actual community goings-on e.g. SWG invasions were as much a public spectacle as they were engaging and that brought some life to the worlds. We need things like this. BW have not really forged a core with the players and the ones that you have tried for simply aren't the people who will stay and play.

.... oh and a Star Wars game without one single man fighter mechanic, you guys the wrong kind of crazy.

All of the above should be added too, I may just keep my sub.
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...