Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

View Poll Results: Which Star Wars fantasy excites you the most?
Full 3D space battles 1,405 46.54%
Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs) 323 10.70%
Pod/speeder racing 444 14.71%
Capital ship battles 847 28.06%
Voters: 3019. You may not vote on this poll

Antioxidant
04.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #101
ANYTHING but pod racing

Dzhokhar
04.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #102
I voted for Pod/Speeder Racing because I think it would fit with SWTOR the best of the bunch.

That said, I think Capital Ship battles would make the most interesting standalone game, followed by Full 3D Space Combat (or both of them combined in a single game, OMG). The problem with putting these two things in SWTOR is that they're simply too big and would be overly distracting from the core gameplay that makes SWTOR what it is.

Vehicle Combat would probably fit with SWTOR alright (I'm picturing Warzones with vehicles), but it doesn't really interest me.

wyrmac
04.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #103
I voted for 3d space battles, because I really hate the restriction of movement we currently have, unfortunately I couldn't make a an informed vote because I have no Idea what any of the options even entail, I mean capitol ship battle could mean almost anything, some of which Id think where awesome and some of which I would hate,. I realize that this is just the dev team getting a sense for what direction to concentrate their efforts on, yet we cant give meaningful feedback with out at least a bit of detail on what a choice might entail. are any of these things multi player, are they solo, pvp or pve oriented? without that kind of info our feed back will be almost useless.
That being said, all the options have potential, and I encourage the dev team to continue getting input from the community. I only ask that you give us some sense of the ideas you are kicking around that led to the choices in the poll.

Dedman
04.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #104
Capital ship battles where players had to be gunners, helmsmen, boarding parties, boarding defenders, ect. You could even have a player "captain" that had an overview of the battle and was coordinating everybody else.This would be sweet as a 16 man or more Warzone
"The Sith Empire will burn brightly, like a supernova, dwarfing the complacent Republic. We shall hold the entire galaxy in our grasp."
―Naga Sadow

FalmeseReb
04.04.2012 , 03:27 PM | #105
If you're going to do 3D space combat it needs to be done right. Anything below the quality of SWG:JTL at the end of it's life will be seen as a failure.

dpwms
04.04.2012 , 03:31 PM | #106
I voted for full 3D space battles. It would be nice to have even more granualrity in ship upgrades, and of course multiplayer would be great. It would also be nice to be able to change the external appearance of your vessel (color, decals) and it would be neat if your upgrades changed the external appearance (beefed up blasters, etc.) What about being able to train your crew in space combat skills (gunnery, engineering, etc) so that they have an impact on your performance (ie, a crew with high gunnery improves your blaster rate of fire/accuracy/damge)? Given the prominence of companions in the game I would prefer to get bonuses through crew training rather than just buying upgrades. There is a ton of cool stuff that could be done in this area!

Ripcurldude
04.04.2012 , 03:36 PM | #107
Where is the "all of the above" answer? Haha. 3D space battles are for sure the coolest though. Capital Ship battles is a DAMN close 2nd though.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

* Squadron 238 *

Icebergy
04.04.2012 , 03:39 PM | #108
All those sound great! I voted for racing, but I'm hoping more for a KOTOR Swoop Racing style than the ridiculous pod racing ala Phantom Menace. Also pleeeaase give us pazzak!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Dink
04.04.2012 , 03:39 PM | #109
Full 3D space battles first and foremost (including exploration - no rails please), but with the future addition of *Capital ship battles.

*Basically, a full Ops group (guild battle perhaps?) board their capital ship where they load into an instance to take on the opposite faction. Once in range, players can man turrets or launch into fighters to take on a mix of npc's and the opposing team (the npc's would be an offset number to balance those that stayed aboard and manned turrets - similar to the ideas suggested for balancing Ilum with npc's).

The goal would be for each team to do "x" amount of damage to the opposing team's capital ship (maybe disabling engines, shields, etc., all the while dealing with fighters and turrets) - the first team to do so would then board the opposing teams ship for massive pvp landing party where another objective (taking over the bridge perhaps) would be the end goal.

The approach above could be scripted as a pure PvE encounter as well (Space Operation).
Rebuc Arisso ::: Major :::
Eternal Vigilance. :::
The 'Ideal Guild Quiz' :::

z-ray
04.04.2012 , 03:39 PM | #110
All of the above, but particurlaly "Full 3D space battles", that would be just...awesome!
-Obi Wan Kenobi: "Me, the boy, and the two droids, no questions asked."