(video) Explain this drastic change in class mechanics?

Divineye

I give you exhibit A: http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3047

What is the big change that happens when you give everyone the same gear? Why do sorcs go from top 3 in 1-49s then bottom 3 in 50s bracket? I never see any good level 50 sorc videos... or sorcs dominating in WZs...

The most simple and easy answer to this, as per Occam's rule, is that the people are simply wrong about sorc/sages being OP.

I give you exhibit A: http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3047

What is the big change that happens when you give everyone the same gear?

When are we all given the same gear?

Why do sorcs go from top 3 in 1-49s then bottom 3 in 50s bracket?
Same reason any new 50 is low - gear.

I never see any good level 50 sorc videos... or sorcs dominating in WZs...
Like ops when they were more popular, I rarely see a good sorc. Given that a fair amount of the population of a FOTM class are bad players it's not surprising.

Of course, it all depends how you decide "top" pvpers. Top of the board in damage? heal? medals? objective?

None of them actually relate to how useful a player was in the match.

that guy was pvping as lvl49 with his lvl49 friend, i bet they were twinks

also - there was a lot of bad opponents

im going to go out on a limb and say you skipped through it...

The frind only fights with him once, the rest of the time is him vs like 3-5

When are we all given the same gear?

Same reason any new 50 is low - gear.

Like ops when they were more popular, I rarely see a good sorc. Given that a fair amount of the population of a FOTM class are bad players it's not surprising.

Of course, it all depends how you decide "top" pvpers. Top of the board in damage? heal? medals? objective?

None of them actually relate to how useful a player was in the match.

im not saying that anyone who scores high on the damage chart is a good player, just that I never see sorcs tearing **** up like in the 49s.

The most simple and easy answer to this, as per Occam's rule, is that the people are simply wrong about sorc/sages being OP.

I never understood the sorc complaint, but maybe it's because I'm a powertech. The only change I think sorcs need isn't even sorc specific. It's a change to inquisitor. I just don't think you should be able to use force speed with the huttball. Other than that, everything is fine with them imo.

im not saying that anyone who scores high on the damage chart is a good player, just that I never see sorcs tearing **** up like in the 49s.

Well, it's kind of their job to stay out of the limelight and do silent subtle high damage. I've seen sorcs do some massive numbers on the scoreboard. That's not to say that It hink they're OP but they certainly aren't gimped by any means (imo).

To the OP:

Pre-50:

- all players have different levels of player skill, character level (abilities), gear and experience in Warzones in SWTOR. This means every match (EVERY match) has a mix of clueless noobs and people who know what they are doing. It is quite easy for any ranged DPS class to top the scoreboard often.

Post-50:

- most players have experience with warzones, they have all their character abilities, and the only real variation is player skill and gear. And even gear maxxes out at some point. It is very difficult for weak classes such as Sage/Sorc to top scoreboards in such an environment.

tl;dr Sage/Sorcs are weak but score high, pre-50, due to noobs. Less noobs post-50 means lower scores which more accurately reflect how weak the class is.

Edited by Zaodon

I love how at the start of the video we see a 1 Sorc vs 3 people in pvp and the sorc almost soloing the 3 pvpers and then coming here to complain about such class? Really? is this some lame attempt to advertise that site because if it isnt is just stupid to complain.

I just think that it is lame the difference between 1-49 and 50. Most the people who quit the game are prob basing their experience off the lower bracket and bioware is listening thus ruining the higher tier.