Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Voice Suits Which Race?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which Voice Suits Which Race?

Raiellyn
04.04.2012 , 05:39 PM | #11
Female Trooper- Human. Shepard would have it no other way.
Female Smuggler- Probably Twi'lek. Very cocky and high-pitched, like Vette.
Female Consular- Miraluka. Sounds a lot like Visas from KotOR II.
Female Knight- Probably human.

Male Trooper- Definitely human.
Male Smuggler- Human.
Male Consular- Human or Miraluka.
Male Knight- Human.

Female Agent- Human or Chiss?
Female Bounty Hunter- I'd probably say human, but works well with Zabrak too.
Female Inquisitor- Anything but Twi'lek. Just sounds... wrong.
Female Warrior- Probably human.

Male Agent- Definitely Chiss.
Male Bounty Hunter- Human.
Male Inquisitor- Not a clue.
Male Warrior- Pureblood.

Needless to say, this is all my opinion.
Because I'm the hero this forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll insult me, because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a vocal critic, a watchful commenter. A Snark Knight.

LeeC
04.04.2012 , 06:23 PM | #12
i rather liked the male inquisitor as a sith pureblood body type 2. human seemed wrong some how.

Zaikrem
04.04.2012 , 06:23 PM | #13
Male Warrior: Pureblood, maybe Cyborg
Male Agent: Definitely feels right playing as a Chiss, however none of the other Chiss seem to have Imperial accents...
Male Inquisitor: Twi'lek, maybe Human
Male Bounty Hunter: Rattataki
Male Consular: Twi'lek feels right to me
Male Trooper: Definitely Human

BlueSouthPike
04.04.2012 , 06:57 PM | #14
I've found that some race choices just don't fit the classes possible for them at all. that said, there are some race and body choices that I find just work so well, I have trouble picturing the characters as anything but.

On the Republic side:

Trooper - Type 2 Body human for the ladies, while a Type 2 or 3 Cyborg for the guys seems to fit best. I guess that I'm a bit biased when it comes to the Female Trooper, since I can't see anyone but a Shepard lookalike in that role.

Smuggler - Type 1 bodies for both men and women (I can't imagine these guys as very big or strong), with a Miralirian fitting the Male the best. The female I can't imagine as anything but a Twi'lek, the voice just matches too well.

Knight - The Male knight works with just about any race with a type 2 body in my eyes (except for maybe Twi'lek), while the female seems to match the Twi'lek rather well (a human also fits well, too).

Consular - The Male works best as a Miraluka, no doubt there in my mind (even if he has no eyes, you can almost hear him rolling them in some of his lines), while the female voice fits just about anything but Twi'leks.

Now, the Imperial Side of things:

Agent - Human definitely fits best for the male, no doubt there, preferably with a Type 2 body (I have trouble picturing these guys as especially big or fat, they'd stand out); while the females seem to be best suited to Chiss.

Sith Warrior - Purebloods all the way here. You can almost feel the self-assuredness and arrogance just by listening to them.

Sith Inquisitor - I actually find that the male voice suits a Type 2 Rattataki best. There's just something about the lack of hair and prominent eyes that just fit the snarkiness and lunacy that the Inquisitor brings, though Zabraks also fit (especially for Assassins). For the girls, Purebloods and humans work well, in addition to the Rattataki.

Bounty Hunter - I can't really find a good female type for the BH, Human seems to fit, as do Chiss, but it still doesn't seem quite right. The the males, a Type 2 or Type 3 Cyborg works the best.

ichime
04.05.2012 , 05:05 AM | #15
Male IA: definitely Chiss with body type 2

Female smuggler: made her a Mirialan with body type 1 and short boyish hair, I think it suits her quite well. Although I guess human would go well with it too.

Dawgtide
04.05.2012 , 06:39 AM | #16
I think the female Bounty Hunter voice fits a Chiss just fine. I think type 2, 3. or 4 are fine.

Captain_Zone
04.05.2012 , 02:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaikrem View Post
Male Warrior: Pureblood, maybe Cyborg
Male Agent: Definitely feels right playing as a Chiss, however none of the other Chiss seem to have Imperial accents...
Male Inquisitor: Twi'lek, maybe Human
Male Bounty Hunter: Rattataki
Male Consular: Twi'lek feels right to me
Male Trooper: Definitely Human
The Agent is able to drop the accent at a moment's notice. As a Chiss, I like to think he reverts to his native accent for those times.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

FalcoLombardi
04.05.2012 , 02:48 PM | #18
I like how the voice goes with all my species choices

Jedi Knight: Mirilian, Male

Jedi Consular: Miraluka, Female

Tropoer: Cyborg, Male

Smuggler: Zabrak, Male

Sith Warrior: Zabrak, Male

Sith Inquisitor: Twi'lek, Female

Bounty Hunter: Cyborg, Female

Imperial Agent: Rattataki, Female

I also think it's more about the look of the face, than the species itself
......|||
======= God Bless
......|||
......|||

Ellyria
04.05.2012 , 06:44 PM | #19
From what I've played, my preferences are:

Female Agent - Chiss
Female Trooper - Human
Female Warrior - Pureblood Sith
Female Smuggler - Human
Female Consular - Miraluka
Female Bounty Hunter - Human
Female Knight - Mirialan

I've seen my husband and friend play both male Jedi Knight and Consular as humans, both voices worked. Seen male Chiss Agent, but the voice seemed off, seems like it would fit better with a Cyborg.
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

AshlaBoga
04.06.2012 , 12:22 AM | #20
Male Sith Warrior - SITH PUREBLOOD
Male Sith Inquisitor - HUMAN
Female Imperial Agent - CHISS
Male Jedi Knight - Mirialan (Yellow)
Female Jedi Consular - MIRALUKA
Female Republic Trooper - Zabrak