Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ghosts of Mortis, Revan Bane Deleted Scene

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ghosts of Mortis, Revan Bane Deleted Scene

Forgon's Avatar


Forgon
04.04.2012 , 11:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
However, it was GL's idea to bring Sidious back, let his soul go into clone body in DE.
Source this. First time I am hearing this and I highly doubt that, considering GL already said Star Wars ends with Episode 6 for him so he really ignores that part of the EU.

As for Revan and Bane, it would have been an interesting scene but I can understand why GL decided to get rid of it. Its his vision of Star Wars and since the Son is supposed to be this supernatural embodiment of the dark side, it would be false representation to have the Son be manipulated by the Sith instead of the other way around, considering the Dark Side corrupts and overcomes those who use it.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

undeadsithdread's Avatar


undeadsithdread
04.06.2012 , 04:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
Source this. First time I am hearing this and I highly doubt that, considering GL already said Star Wars ends with Episode 6 for him so he really ignores that part of the EU.

As for Revan and Bane, it would have been an interesting scene but I can understand why GL decided to get rid of it. Its his vision of Star Wars and since the Son is supposed to be this supernatural embodiment of the dark side, it would be false representation to have the Son be manipulated by the Sith instead of the other way around, considering the Dark Side corrupts and overcomes those who use it.
that was before perquels as far george cared there was no "chosen one" by that time.

the entire story was about luke.

the first ideal of dark empire to be vader imposter but geroge told wirters to bring emperor back because he was scary in rotj.
Sith assassin Forever!

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
04.06.2012 , 05:08 PM | #13
Lol OP, a couple months behind are we?

I thought this was the necro'd thread at first..

ZayneDraay's Avatar


ZayneDraay
04.07.2012 , 10:03 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBentOne View Post
For once I'm going to have to support Mr. Lucas. Revan and Bane being in that episode, in that capacity would've made absolutely no sense. Yes even less sense than the mortis episodes made to begin with. A pity George didn't pull the plug on Mauls return, or the existence of Ashoka.
While I disagree about your opinion on the existence on Ashoka and the return of Maul, I do agree with you on the idea of adding Bane and Revan. While it would be AWESOME to see them in that show, it would have only made the episode confusing. Especially since Revan turned back to the light side, in other words, it wouldn't have made any sense having a jedi spirit put evil plans into the sons head.
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath

Girdeux's Avatar


Girdeux
04.07.2012 , 10:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
Revan would've made perfect sense, had his canonical ending been dark side. If he was a Sith Lord, having him pulled in to influence the Son would work. Doesn't matter that currently he doesn't exist in Lucas' own continuity--adding him into the show would've brought him into that continuity. Just because Lucas doesn't think much about anything ever happening outside the films and TCW, doesn't mean he can't go "Oh, okay, that's neat" and decide to use it in the show. There's just a good chance his "Oh, okay, that's neat" will be followed by "Let's use it and change everything", like Quinlan Vos
Quinlan Vos is a totally different story, he lived during the time of the movies. Revan didnt. Having him included wouldve destroyed Lucas's continuity from the movies, since the Sith had originated 2000 years before the movies under darth ruin

Quote: Originally Posted by ZayneDraay View Post
While I disagree about your opinion on the existence on Ashoka and the return of Maul, I do agree with you on the idea of adding Bane and Revan. While it would be AWESOME to see them in that show, it would have only made the episode confusing. Especially since Revan turned back to the light side, in other words, it wouldn't have made any sense having a jedi spirit put evil plans into the sons head.
It wouldve made sense, the episode wouldve made him die as a dark sider. During the foundry flashpoint he was on the verge of falling again anyway. He was far from a light side jedi

RevanKnight's Avatar


RevanKnight
04.07.2012 , 11:41 AM | #16
U know, the person who started this thread was asking if anyone knows where u can watch this scene. Does anyone know, cause I would kinda like to see it too.

ProfessorWalsh's Avatar


ProfessorWalsh
04.07.2012 , 11:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
U know, the person who started this thread was asking if anyone knows where u can watch this scene. Does anyone know, cause I would kinda like to see it too.
No. The scene was never created. It was scripted but never rendered or voice acted. This scene does not exist.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

DarthKaratus's Avatar


DarthKaratus
04.07.2012 , 02:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
No. The scene was never created. It was scripted but never rendered or voice acted. This scene does not exist.
Where did you get that idea? Lol...

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/10019

Quote:
We designed them. They are in The Clone Wars style. We modeled them in The Clone Wars style, and we shot the scene in the episode. The scene exists.

Also, here's a link to the character models and concept arts designed by the TCW team.

http://lightsaberrattling.blogspot.c...rth-revan.html
TOGRUTAS please?