Where are the developers?!?!?

BillEverson

Yes, we all know about the queue times. That is not this post.

This is a critical, fundamental, top-priority issue. You have TENS OF THOUSANDS of customers who are trying to enjoy your product. Players are getting frustrated and leaving. players are getting frustrated and QUITTING. Players are canceling subscriptions, which cost BW money. I know three people in real life who are losing their guilds over people not being able to log into their randomly assigned servers.

And where are the developers? Where is the Dev Post about the issue? What is being done? What will be done?

Yes, this sucks for the players. Sure, some patience is probably warranted on our part. But after post and thread after thread after post about this issue, noone has spoken up.

I for one, want to know:

1) What is being done to fix the issue?

and 2) Why the >censored< hasn't it been done already?

Please, everyone, JUMP ON THIS BANDWAGON. Keep this thread towards the top, and MAYBE we can get a response, and at least know what to expect.

Please, Bioware, please, keep us in the loop.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure would be nice to get a response somewhere. :( I would at least like to know what their plan is, even if it's not what I want.

It would be nice if they gave us an option to change servers with our guilds to lighter server loads. It's really not cool that those of us in guild launch got screwed. Some of us have already leveled characters before the load got too bad, starting over on a new server doesn't really feel like a pleasant experience. :s

I would like to know why the graphics preferences are disabled and why I cannot change my settings.

I want to know why every load screen freezes at around 20% for a solid minute before resuming normal load speeds and finishing.

I want to know why the ticket system isn't showing the ticket I just opened up.

I want to know why no one answeres the phone at CS.

Come on Bioware... I kept you in high regards until I actually started experiencing it for myself...

Has there been a Bioware response to any of these threads?

With the standard BB styling, it's so hard to tell. From a glance it looks like the entire forum is just customers flailing helplessly. D:

Never thought I'd miss the "Blue Tracker" that Blizzard has. I didn't realize how convenient that thing was til now. e_e

Aha! Thanks. Getting used to this forum is still a little awkward for me.

Granted, it doesn't alleviate my queue frustration, but I do feel a bit better about the communication now that you've pointed that out. :) Think I'll peruse their dev tracker whilst in queue...

Out to lunch - can't pass up that new Asian restaurant! I got nothing better to do than post on random forums while i wait my hour and 5 min queue time. And waiting that long to get DC'd and start over sucks balls. Been playing WOW in background during queue. Id try and get people away from doing that personally!

Yeah, I agree. Never want to disrupt Star Wars fans and MMO fans from getting their fix lol.

I work 11 hour days, just to come home and chillax with some gaming and a break from reality, and I see a 1700+ queue to get into "The Fatman"... Really?

Bioware, are you prepared for the game to become F2P within a few months as predicted?

Guys, it's friday night. What ever can go wrong, will go wrong, right now.

I guarantee you the DEVs are right on top of this. Tonight is probably scrubbed for us, the DEVs will be trying to figure out how to prevent this from happening again tomorrow.

Master Zhar Lestin

250 person queue during head start is a serious bummer.

I was happy our guild got placed on a server with a somewhat less sexy name, thinking the queue's would be low, if at all.

:(

Edited by Astakhan

I guarantee you the DEVs are right on top of this. Tonight is probably scrubbed for us, the DEVs will be trying to figure out how to prevent this from happening again tomorrow.

Just a wee little "We hear you, we're doing stuff!" would be nice. Heck, even a "We apologize for the inconvenience"... @.@

Silence can be a killer for confidence.

Just a wee little "We hear you, we're doing stuff!" would be nice. Heck, even a "We apologize for the inconvenience"... @.@

Silence can be a killer for confidence.

What will probably get is a hotfix in a few hours. They'll have to bring the servers down for about 30 minutes and they'll be chatty then.

Except it was just as bad yesterday....

What will probably get is a hotfix in a few hours. They'll have to bring the servers down for about 30 minutes and they'll be chatty then.

As much as I want to believe that it'll be resolved soon or that we'll get some recognition soon...Well, I'm sincerely doubtful. :[ I have faith that it'll be addressed...I just can't help but suspect it won't be addressed for weeks, at least.

Hrfle. I try to stay on the positive and be understanding, I really do. It may just be experience with multiple other companies giving their customers the silent treatment that has me skeptical.