Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow? + Proposed changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow? + Proposed changes

Proteus
04.27.2012 , 08:24 PM | #361
Just parse the numbers on the pvp practice dummy, its real simple. Note that gear quality isn't exactly comparable, but its close.

50 Shadow tank in tank gear - 625dps - full champion
50 shadow tank in DPS gear - 750dps - full champ with some BM
50 shadow DPS spec in DPS gear - 1275dps
50 Sent in champ gear - 1450dps!!!! Uh..yeah, so medium, vs light armor, and better DPS?

Umm....yeah. Those shadow tanks are way OP?

olagaton
04.28.2012 , 04:31 AM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
It's a 5% penalty to melee damage except Darkness doesn't really use melee attacks. Force attacks are completely unaffected.
Even so, melee damage plays a big role in the Force drain-intense Darkness specs (31/0/10, and 27/0/14). No Force, no dps.

Alkazarr
04.28.2012 , 04:47 AM | #363
Endless QQs because some people aren't happy abou the fact that DPS burst specced players will take them down faster than any other classes.

So what ?

We do not have a tank's survivability nor their amazing cc abilities; we do not have the safety of ranged dps classes who can output a lot of damage while keeping themselves clear of danger; i could do that with any other types of classes.

Sure by going for a hybrid tree build we can increase our survivability WHEN there are other team mates around to support us. But alone we go down just as fast.

My defense guardian can hold a turret/ defend a door on its own against 4 players easily long enough for everyone to respawn/respond and come and help me out.

I would never be able to do what with my shadow, semi-tank specced or not.

So if you met a player who plays their class way better than you do yourself, then observe and learn, even ask them a few questions after the match (if they're in the same team as you).

Come on people, there will ALWAYS be those guys who always top the rank chart no matter the class they play.

Pvpers who believe the heal/damage output is all there is to a game to determine good/bad players.

My shadow DPS pure spec does roughly about 150-200k damage per match ( normal since im here to finish off half dead enemies as fast as possible to let my team move on to the next target) , I rarely go against someone one on one, only occasions are when I am defending OR when I when I go no other choice but to openly attack.

Despite being a DPS shadow, it does not stop me from putting guard on other team matesand sometimes i can get up to 20k of protection alongside my damage output WITHOUT even being tank specced. Obviously the latter depends on the type of warzone and how it plays out, but you don't need to be a tank to guard effectively. I often put guard on a half dead team-mate while being in stealth then helping said teammate to take down enemy.

It's all about opportunities with DPS burst classes.

And I know a hybrid shadow/sin could never burst down an enemy as fast as I could in a similar situation.

They might cause more overall damage, but burst classes will always beat that in 1vs1.

Stop QQing and face up to the fact somewhere someone plys better than you.

Frunzenshnapp
05.06.2012 , 07:18 PM | #364
How can you people not see this?! Shadow tank is an easy mode pvp. Tons of self heals, ridiculous amount of damage built into the tree, great defensive mechanics, a finishing move (a shadow tank can easily hit you for 3.5k with that). I'll say it again: finisher for a tank!
All types of white damage are nonexistent for tanks, which would've been fine, if not for 1 little thing - Resilience. 5 seconds of immortality, in which ALL the dots will drop, and any healer can bring you back up. run around for 45 seconds, repeat. Shadow tanks have probably the easiest dps rotation of all trees. Anyone can achieve greatness with that 4 button wonder. Pop force potency, relics and an adrenal - voila, you got a burst too.

Proposal changes:
-remove or nerf Spinning strike in tank spec
-leave resilience only as cleanse, not as a godmode cooldown
-lower the dps bonus of harnessed shadows
-increase cooldown on slow time
Remove some damage from the tree and there'll be no point wearing dps gear for shadow tanks anymore.

Exilim
05.08.2012 , 10:14 AM | #365
I'll just leave this here. 1 healer operative, 1 healer sorcerer, 1 dps sorcerer, 5 Tanks assassins. Too bad we only had one tank Shadow, they did quite well though.
http://i46.tinypic.com/euk7ex.jpg

I'm sure they chose the class they chose because of the awesome story though.
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

AMKSED
11.05.2012 , 07:56 AM | #366
+1 amksed

cycao
11.05.2012 , 08:00 AM | #367
Really? You really had to necro this?

AMKSED
11.05.2012 , 08:04 AM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Really? You really had to necro this?
Nearly 1.5k posts of people saying it wasn't OP then it got nerfed. And then the other specs getting a buff like suggested in this post. So yes, yes I did.

Hairyzac
11.05.2012 , 08:05 AM | #369
old thread is old

stephenalandavie
11.05.2012 , 05:35 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Frunzenshnapp View Post
How can you people not see this?! Shadow tank is an easy mode pvp. Tons of self heals, ridiculous amount of damage built into the tree, great defensive mechanics, a finishing move (a shadow tank can easily hit you for 3.5k with that). I'll say it again: finisher for a tank!
All types of white damage are nonexistent for tanks, which would've been fine, if not for 1 little thing - Resilience. 5 seconds of immortality, in which ALL the dots will drop, and any healer can bring you back up. run around for 45 seconds, repeat. Shadow tanks have probably the easiest dps rotation of all trees. Anyone can achieve greatness with that 4 button wonder. Pop force potency, relics and an adrenal - voila, you got a burst too.

Proposal changes:
-remove or nerf Spinning strike in tank spec
-leave resilience only as cleanse, not as a godmode cooldown
-lower the dps bonus of harnessed shadows
-increase cooldown on slow time
Remove some damage from the tree and there'll be no point wearing dps gear for shadow tanks anymore.
The god mode? which sentinels have......... and juggers have something similar aswell as self healing.