Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kinect Star Wars

Tarbacca
04.03.2012 , 11:40 AM | #1
To get or to not get, that is the question. But seriously, I kinda like the look of a few aspects of the game, should I get it or not?

Wolfninjajedi
04.03.2012 , 11:42 AM | #2
Do you wanna get it? Thats really all that should matter to you.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Tarbacca
04.03.2012 , 11:43 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Do you wanna get it? Thats really all that should matter to you.
Im kinda iffy about it. I was hoping that since it came out today that someone that has it would be able to give me an opinion.

Dalwhinnie
04.03.2012 , 01:13 PM | #4
Something to do until 1.2!
Ξ╬╬╬╬╬╬Φ╬╬████████████████████████████)

Chizwick
04.03.2012 , 01:19 PM | #5
I've heard nothing but bad things from review sites. Most complaints revolve around the lame single-player campaign. They've said the dancing bit is actually fun, though, if you can endure cheesiness.
I actually just got my Kinect Star Wars Xbox delivered and can't wait to give it a spin.
"It's the talent, not the promo shots."
50 Operative 50 Assassin 50 Scoundrel 50 Juggernaut

Wolfninjajedi
04.03.2012 , 01:31 PM | #6
Again, things with entertainment are subject so if you like something or just wanna at least give it a try do so. Otherwise if you go by what other people say, you'll never know yourself if you will like it or not.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Eillack
04.03.2012 , 03:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Chizwick View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things from review sites. Most complaints revolve around the lame single-player campaign. They've said the dancing bit is actually fun, though, if you can endure cheesiness.
I actually just got my Kinect Star Wars Xbox delivered and can't wait to give it a spin.
Wait...that dacing vid that was shown on April 1st....was actually part of the game !?

Wow...and I was actually thinking on buying that game....I thank you greatly good Sir.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

artavan
04.03.2012 , 04:48 PM | #8
The IGN review helpfully mentions at the beginning that this is not the lightsaber game the adult fans have been waiting for. Young kids may enjoy it.

MasterSithFan
04.03.2012 , 09:34 PM | #9
From what I have heard, its not that great. But being the avid Star Wars fan that I have been since I was a kid, I'm most likely going to give into temptation and buy it lol
Long Live The Empire!

Mallonee
04.03.2012 , 10:21 PM | #10
I got it today and have been playing it for a little while now. Let me fill you in on my opinions and experience:

* It is fun an entertaining (more so with another person), however is not a game that you would play all the time, or if you're looking for intense story.

* It is pretty freaking awesome to use lightsabers and the force yourself, however Kinect is not perfect and it can be kind of frustrating sometimes.

* Playing it in moderation, you will probably be able to get a decent amount of enjoyable game time out of it. However, playing hardcore and blowing through the game as if it were any other game, you could probably beat it all in a day or so.

* It seems to try to balance between younger player and older player appeal, however if you like more adult games specifically, you may not enjoy this game too much.

* Finally, some mini-games on there seem silly or stupid (i.e the dancing one), however it is still ****** to be a jedi. Also, playing as a Rancor is awesome too.
- 60 Sage
- 57 Powertech
- 55 Juggernaut