Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus isn't strongest Sith after Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Darth Malgus isn't strongest Sith after Emperor

RCcarroll
04.03.2012 , 04:55 PM | #11
Malgus had a different vision and a more direct opportunity to take control of the Empire than Jadus. In addition, Jadus had too many enemies on the Dark Council and otherwise to really sieze control. Finally, Jadus has a variable fate, while Malgus has a certain fate up until the False Emperor.
The Dracon Legacy

Posted by the man known as Valtor Dracon before server transfers.

CauldronBorn
04.03.2012 , 05:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RCcarroll View Post
Malgus had a different vision and a more direct opportunity to take control of the Empire than Jadus. In addition, Jadus had too many enemies on the Dark Council and otherwise to really sieze control. Finally, Jadus has a variable fate, while Malgus has a certain fate up until the False Emperor.
This mostly. Malgus generally distanced himself from the sociopolitical power struggles high-ranking Sith are so fond of. So when he made his move, it pretty much came out of the blue. Jadus, being on the Dark Council and thus always being watched, couldn't have done that without the rest of the Dark Council coming at him en-masse almost immediately.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
In Force Strength/Power he was behind Thanaton, Nox and Baras.
I can't say much about Baras, but from the parts I've played through of the SW story line, he seems more inclined toward manipulating others to do his dirty work. Not saying he's not personally powerful, but from what I've seen I'd have to rank him at the lower end of those powerful enough to be on the Dark Council.

Thanaton was probably one of the weaker/middle-of-the-road Dark Council members as well, imo.

Nox has plot armor, which skews things.

Jadus, on the other hand,
Spoiler

Its somewhat safe to assume Jadus was near, or at, the top of the Sith hierarchy in terms of Force strength, sans the Emperor and plot-armored Nox.

DarthBloodloss
04.03.2012 , 06:01 PM | #13
Malgus can force choke 3 people at once. Thanaton can pretty much fly.

Not sure which power is better, both both guys are pretty bad ***.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.04.2012 , 03:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CauldronBorn View Post
Its somewhat safe to assume Jadus was near, or at, the top of the Sith hierarchy in terms of Force strength, sans the Emperor and plot-armored Nox.
What is this plot-amor for Nox people are mentioning? Curious to see

Ranadiel_Marius
04.04.2012 , 05:06 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
What is this plot-amor for Nox people are mentioning? Curious to see
Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

ACLucius
04.04.2012 , 05:19 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
The Emperor is meant to be mysterious, we still haven't seen his face yet.
Yes, we have.

Spoiler
"So far, this game quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, has feathers like a duck but we're told it has a pair of antlers that we have yet to be shown. By all logic, its more likely a duck with a funny hat than a deer." -Omega

Girdeux
04.04.2012 , 06:02 AM | #17
I liked Darth Jadus, wish there was more information shed on him though.

What I found interesting was the fact he knew about the Emperors real plans(DS Ia) and had a way to survive it with also another tidbit saying only a few beings(including Jadus) could survive the Emperors life absorption on the galaxy.

djmt
04.04.2012 , 06:47 AM | #18
Well an Imperial Agent says he is 2nd strong and i dont think there isnt a real evidence that Imperial Intelligence dont know , they are like CIA of US

Ranadiel_Marius
04.04.2012 , 11:03 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ACLucius View Post
Yes, we have.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
What I found interesting was the fact he knew about the Emperors real plans(DS Ia) and had a way to survive it with also another tidbit saying only a few beings(including Jadus) could survive the Emperors life absorption on the galaxy.
Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Karkais
04.04.2012 , 11:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
Break out the midichlorian tricorder. Malgus is over 9000, etc.
Wasn't Anakin over 20000?
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III