Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag without fail in evenings

XxWattonxX
04.02.2012 , 02:40 PM | #1
I have had TOR for a while now, and for the first couple of months I had no problem at all, then about 4 weeks ago, my connection starts dropping huge amounts at the same time every evening without fail (usually about 6-7pm). This usually wouldnt bother me as everyone needs time of gaming, but i work till 5pm! Anyway, i have contacted CS twice, once when it first started and again this evening, both times with the reply we will investigate the issue and get back to you...

Well 4 weeks have passed and no reply from the very nice but difficult to understand geordie girl or anyone else in fact, and now trying to play my jugg and getting 1 bar connection with about 3k ms, the game is playable, but only just. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, do you cry yourself to sleep at night, or is it just me?
"Nature has left this ticture in the blood,
That all men would be tyrants if they could."

Romiz
04.02.2012 , 02:50 PM | #2
No not seeing them latency changes.

When you see them alt tab then open your web browser. Goto speedtest.net click begin test. Doing this to make sure it is not your ISP. Also run that when you have low latency so can have a baseline. Also you can click My Results to see a graph of of you speed.

If you see a pattern of high latency and lower speeds with that test will know is the ISP. If that happens 3 times call them. But if like my ISP you may get the run around.

Slurmez
04.02.2012 , 03:04 PM | #3
same time every night sounds to me like a traffic shaping switch is activating

AOL used to scew up my warhammer online connection at a set time and yes, they said they were not the cause and they didnt traffic shape (lie) Changed ISPs and all was good.

XxWattonxX
04.02.2012 , 03:23 PM | #4
cheers for the reply's, my isp is sky and always have been, but like I said been playing the game for a while now and only had this problem for a short amount of time, but ill give it a shot and go mad at sky if it is them *fist shaking*

XxWattonxX
04.02.2012 , 03:36 PM | #5
Probably looking at the completely wrong info, or its not relevant whatsoever, but I did the speedtest thingy while my speed was at its lowest, it said ..
241 ms Ping
2.41 mbps download speed
0.47 mbps upload speed

If this means absolutely nothing, send me a reply telling me im an idiot plz

EaterOfSouls
04.02.2012 , 03:55 PM | #6
Those values sound relatively bad to me, which indicates that the problem lies with your connection, not the game. Contact your ISP.

Slurmez
04.02.2012 , 03:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by XxWattonxX View Post
Probably looking at the completely wrong info, or its not relevant whatsoever, but I did the speedtest thingy while my speed was at its lowest, it said ..
241 ms Ping
2.41 mbps download speed
0.47 mbps upload speed

they are actually fine to play the game, not great but not unusable

it could be a switch thats missing a value or just had one incorrectly applied to it, regardless it will be nigh on impossible to get resolved in a big isp company like sky because most of the tech support wont have a clue.

i recommend fast.co.uk, they dont traffic shape in any form

Romiz
04.02.2012 , 04:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by XxWattonxX View Post
241 ms Ping
2.41 mbps download speed
0.47 mbps upload speed

That ping is very high for speed test since it picks the lower latency near you. Should see 25-60ms DSL and 40-100 with cable.

Also you upload is low but game does not do high amount of upload so ok.

LOL you are not an idiot just do not understand how speedtest.net works. Now I do get high pings like that if make a connection over 3000 miles away. But connections under 1500 miles stay under 70 MS.

I am using DSL, 12 Mbps down/1.7 Mbps up, btw since hate cables latency.

Onyx
04.02.2012 , 04:12 PM | #9
Please follow the instructions starting with step one in this post and post the results. Sounds to me like over-aggregation with your ISP but I'd have to actually see results. Please make sure to run this while you are having high latency in-game
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.02.2012 , 05:03 PM | #10
I Believe latency has been worse for everyone lately. I have had some latency and that never happened to me before. I have trouble running the game because of my old computer. But I have very fast internet.