Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

World bosses

Knoptop's Avatar


Knoptop
04.02.2012 , 02:25 PM | #1
Theres a couple of world bosses that i just cant find. Im where they should be, but they arent there and i cant figure out how to get them to spawn. anyone know anything?

Elyssandra's Avatar


Elyssandra
04.02.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2
If you're at the correct location and the boss is not there - it's most likely that someone has killed it. You'll just have to wait for it to respawn.
Spoiler

Disodium's Avatar


Disodium
04.02.2012 , 06:01 PM | #3
Taris works in a similar way so it is not just Tatooine that is like that.

If you get to a spot where a world boss is and there is no way to 'trigger' one or it is just not present, open your Map and see if there is another world instance available using a drop box that is sometimes available down the bottom right above the entire world mini map.

If it is not present, you cannot port to another instance so will have to come back later, unless as mentioned, there is something else that needs to be done to trigger the boss to spawn.

Good luck!
.
▓█ [SITH LEGION] █▓
Server: Dalborra
Guild Desc: Australian 18+ Casual/Relaxed guild.

Gidrea's Avatar


Gidrea
04.03.2012 , 11:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyssandra View Post
If you're at the correct location and the boss is not there - it's most likely that someone has killed it. You'll just have to wait for it to respawn.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Jerid's Avatar


Jerid
04.03.2012 , 01:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Knoptop View Post
Theres a couple of world bosses that i just cant find. Im where they should be, but they arent there and i cant figure out how to get them to spawn. anyone know anything?
This might sound snarky but isn't meant to be.
It would help if you could tell us which planets bosses you can't find, and specify weather Empire or Republic for the planets that have different instances of it (IE: Taris and Balmorra)

Gidrea's Avatar


Gidrea
04.03.2012 , 02:18 PM | #6
That's very true... on Taris there are two bosses, one for each faction. The boss on Balmorra is for Empire only.

LightsOn's Avatar


LightsOn
04.03.2012 , 04:08 PM | #7
I ran into a World Boss on Dromund Kaas "The First" in the Malignant Swamp. He has like 250K HPs and I was level 18 with way less than that <g>.

I did tap him to see what would happen and managed to run out of aggro range but how are you supposed to kill him? I did ask in General and no one seem to know (or care maybe).
LightsOn
█||||||()█Ξ)

Owsley's Avatar


Owsley
04.03.2012 , 04:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LightsOn View Post
I ran into a World Boss on Dromund Kaas "The First" in the Malignant Swamp. He has like 250K HPs and I was level 18 with way less than that <g>.

I did tap him to see what would happen and managed to run out of aggro range but how are you supposed to kill him? I did ask in General and no one seem to know (or care maybe).
You need a large group and a lot of time to take down a World Boss. World bosses have an ability that makes you companions cower in fear so they are virtually worthless against them. World Bosses are designed to be taken down by several players. Some people have reported soloing a world boss when then are a dozen levels higher by using a kiting technique and keeping out of its line of sight.

DarthDemens's Avatar


DarthDemens
04.03.2012 , 08:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
You need a large group and a lot of time to take down a World Boss. World bosses have an ability that makes you companions cower in fear so they are virtually worthless against them. World Bosses are designed to be taken down by several players. Some people have reported soloing a world boss when then are a dozen levels higher by using a kiting technique and keeping out of its line of sight.
At level 50, I can solo any World Boss up to Alderaan (about level 35) by just standing there and taking it. You take significantly less damage the higher level you are, due to increased resistances and dodge chance.

That said, if you want to do something even with your level, you'll generally need a group of 8-16.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Diviciacus's Avatar


Diviciacus
04.03.2012 , 08:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDemens View Post
That said, if you want to do something even with your level, you'll generally need a group of 8-16.
The problem is there's nothing obvious about which world bosses are 8 man and which are 16.

The First is 8 man, the Grandfather (on Balmorra) is 16. The Ulgo Siege Droid (Alderaan) is 8 man. I'm not sure about any other bosses, because any others I just solo at 50 >.>
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.