Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Day 4 of not being able to connect.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Day 4 of not being able to connect.

kolanthel
04.02.2012 , 09:10 AM | #1
As i'v already posted several times NOTHING is helping.
The last thing CS said was it's a corupt file, but it's been copletely uninstaled and reinstaled 7 times now (i know how to uninstal a program properly, plus i defrag memory, registery, and hard drive then reboot every time i do it) every time i delete the asset.version files it prompts an 11gb download, 40gb downloaded in 3 days now (i don't want to think what the bill from the internet provider is going to look like) i'v also try'd to run incompatability mode for xp SP3, and flush the dns, cheacked that the firewall will let them through,
and click the repair launcher both from the swtor file and on the launcher it's self,
and as part of the massive downloads i'v also downloaded the game client several times from the account management,
i'v played the game for 3 months till now so it's almost impossibal for it to suddenly be a problem with my computer, but just in case i try'd it an a diffrent computer and had the same problem with the launcher not loading the game on that one as well.
As a side note i don't think it's my ISP as i can play WOW, WOT, Rift, and COD online, and EVE all without problems from launcher or game.
At a total loss as to what to do now.

included launcher log again

Spoiler

kolanthel
04.02.2012 , 09:11 AM | #2
and the dxdiag again

Spoiler

Erevan_Kindelar
04.02.2012 , 09:21 AM | #3
Looking through the logs, there is an incorrect password attempt (then it works, presumably at the second attempt), then the Launcher starts the patching process which completes and subsequently finds an incorrect/invalid patcher.version file which is deleted and re-downloaded. After that, everything looks "normal" - the patch checking does not produce any errors that I could see.

Aside from the typical tech-support response (restart the computer and try it again), are you getting any error messages when you hit the "Play" button? If not, do you see anything at all?

kolanthel
04.02.2012 , 09:36 AM | #4
Nope no error messages, i press play it closes dissapers from Taskmanager and nothing loads up, somethimes there a flash of a black screen but not allways.

Erevan_Kindelar
04.02.2012 , 09:50 AM | #5
ok, the lack of an error message means we have no pointer to the cause of the problem. It is not ideal, but also not entirely unexpected...
Basically what is happening is that something either within SWTOR or that is linked in some way to SWTOR is trying to do something on the computer and the operating system is not allowing it, killing the process.

One thing to check, if you right-click on the SWTOR Launcher shortcut on your desktop, do you have the "Run as Administrator" option checked? If not, select this.

Next step (and last one before I go home for the evening )... checking the Event Viewer.

First, make a note of the time on your computer's clock. Now, try one last attempt to log into SWTOR. Once it has crashed again, you will need to open the Event Viewer:

Quote:
Click the Start button Picture of the Start button.
In the Search box, type Event Viewer, and then, in the list of results, double-click Event Viewer.
On the left of the window that opens up, you should see several categories - Application, Security and System, plus maybe one or two others. You can ignore all of them except for Application and System.
Click on Application, and the right side of the screen will populate with information showing the type of logged event, the date, time, information source, plus other stuff. You can probably ignore anything with an "Information" tag, and hopefully you will see something there labeled as "Error" with a red icon, with today's date and a time equal to or within a minute of the application crashing.
If there is nothing there, click on the "System" item in the left window, and look for the same kind of item.

I am not exactly sure what you will need to look for in the Event Viewer, as there are a considerable number of potential causes, os I cannot really be more precise or give any ideas about what specifically to look for.

kolanthel
04.02.2012 , 10:14 AM | #6
theres nothing relating to swtor anywhere in the event veiwer.
it's as if the application just dosn't exist on my computer.

phillynew
04.02.2012 , 10:33 AM | #7
What else is running at the moment on your computer. I know I had Peer Guardian running and it blocked the login server and crashed the client when I first installed the game.

kolanthel
04.02.2012 , 10:44 AM | #8
nothing, everything is turned off i even went as far as turning off the firewall and anti-virus
to check that they wern't blocking it.

KayninSW
04.02.2012 , 11:05 AM | #9
You seem to might be having just a graphical error .net/C++

Uninstall video drivers. use driver sweeper in safe mode and get rid of the drivers.
Install new ones.
uninstall C++ aswell before installing video drivers
------
You are attempting to run the game on a sub par machinery and it just might take a few minutes for the game to load up for the first time because it has to make cashe files and crap so the next time it opens the program wont have to wait in CPU cycles for so long.

Erevan_Kindelar
04.02.2012 , 11:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kolanthel View Post
theres nothing relating to swtor anywhere in the event veiwer.
it's as if the application just dosn't exist on my computer.
ok, last post of the evening *** I got held up by an issue in the office...
The errors may not be (probably will not be, in fact) linked directly to SWTOR. So basically you are looking for something with an "Error" type that occurs at the time SWTOR decided to shut down.

A typical example is that a video driver tries to write to a memory block that is protected by the operating system. The OS refuses the request and traces the attempt to write to that block as the result of an action by the SWTOR executable, and kills both the video driver (which then restarts normally) and the SWTOR executable (because the OS is designed to proactively kill any process that may cause unreliability issues) which of course does not restart.